Amsoil in New Auger

• midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

I will be getting my first power auger after Christmas. I have read some things about Amsoil. I have heard that it improves the performance of an auger from easier starting to the way it runs. I am not familiar with this product, do you just use it instead of regular 2-cycle oil or is it an additive? I would like to start with the best products right from the start. Any input would be apprecitated and put to good use. Thanks!

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

I am not real familiar with amsoil either.
    With all of my small engines, I follow the manufacturer’s suggested fuel and lubricants.
    BUT, I also follow my dad and grandpa’s suggestion by always adding SeaFoam to the fuel.
    It stabilizes, cleans and dries the system!
    I would be interested to hear how many other people follow this time proven routine?

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Welcome back Drake.

I use seafoam in all of my engines. Every tank of gas in the boat and all fuel that goes into my equipment. Auger Lawn mower ect…

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I would use the Sabor 100:1 from Amsoil. Mix it like
    60-80:1 your first tank of gas then stay around the 80:1 mix. 1.5 oz in a gal of gas will give you 80:1. even it says 100:1 that is the max lean mix they suggest. I talked to a amsoil dealer and he told me about the 80:1. On your first tank you want to mix a little rich till your rings seat. Better to be safe then sorry if you score the cyclnder.

flatoutally
    MN

Not sure if all this makes much difference on a little single lung auger motor, but I’d recommend running standard Dino-based oil for breakin. The synthetics are too slippery to allow the rings to seat. After breakin, then you can run the synth oil, if you prefer. JMO.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I agree with CPC. Currently I run Amsoil Interceptor in mine because I have plenty of that oil around. Runs great. Last year I used Polaris Gold Synthetic. No problem. That stuff smelled really good.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I also agree with CPC.

2 strokes, especially in those motors, are so simple, so loose, they run forever!!!!!!! Just don’t abuse it (meaning let it warm up a little bit) and it will run forever!!!!!!!!

clintm
    mazeppa mn

be sure to run a tank or two of gas with regular 2-stroke oil for break in before using synthetic

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

I do run Amsoil Saber 100:1 and it works great in all 2-cycle engines. I’d start out a 60-80:1 too. Good advice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.