Ice fishing Report 12/21/05

• luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

My wife and I had a chance to hit the ice this morning for about a hour. We caught quite a spectrum of fish, crappie, bluegill, and bass. Probably caught 15 fish, mostly bluegill, and crappie. Small jigs tipped with gulp or spike for the panfish, and a go devil, (red glow, ) with a red shiner head for the bass. We were fishing in 10 FOW, and crappies were roaming at 5 FOW. Bass and bluegills were on the bottom.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

My Girlfriend loves that hat your wife has on . Man are they ever warm. Problem is some how she always ends up with it when we go hunting in the cold Probably the warmest hat I ever put on. Nice fish Luke!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Nice report You are supposed to smile when you catch a nice bass like that How is the ice down there?

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Thanks Rob- Yeah, somehow she always ends up with that hat. Thats ok, at least she comes with!! The ice is about eight inches thick, good clear ice too. Every lake that I have been to, is the same as well. I have also used the snowmobile pulling the shack around..so it is safe where I have been. Scott, I know, it was too early in the morning for smiling. I think I was tired…

barbisfishn
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

Nice Fish, but where did you go to find these?????

Barbra

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Oooopsss! I’m sorry Barb, these are lake macbride fish. I was on the south arm.

superdave
    NE IA

Nice gill for macbride, your wife must have the magic touch.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Nice gill. Them pigs are a blast to tussle with!
    That bass had to be a blast also. I bet it looked like 20 pounds of mouth coming up in the hole

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Dave, I have a few spots on that lake that I never see anybody fishing, ever, not open water, or hard water. That is where she caught that gill, and there are a bunch of them there. Bret- Yeah it was big, the same spot the day before, I had one twice that big up the whole, and then it broke my favorite jigging spoon, I had my hand almost in his mouth, and back down he went. ARH!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Me too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.