friday ice extravaganza

• bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

from what i know right now i am planning on hitting the ice this friday/ probobly down at stoddard. i was wondering if any other IDAer’s are goin to be out. from what i know now it’s looking like it’s just me but i wouldn’t mind meeting up with some guys out there if anybody is heading out we could possibally hook up for a while down there so just give me a buzz!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I have other plans. Good luck dudes

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

hey you wanna meet up??? I think Kris might be going. i don’t know that for sure. I hope he does come because i guess hes got a hot cousin that is coming in from colorado for a while over christmas break and i think she would come out! i guess she loves to hunt and fish so it souns like a good time

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

PS: With the weather coming, be careful were you were last weekend. I also would not head any farther to the north
    That might even open again

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

i already talked with casey or with another kid at my school named carson….Not really sure how its going to go, but if i clean up the house and get it ready for christmas, i should be able to go. I will probably see you. We can set the clams up nearby if you want…its still a few days away so im not sure how things will work out, but i will let you know

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

ok sounds good. i think will have alot of people out there… i don’t know if thats a good thing or not with the weather thats coming up!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

ah its really not that bad. even 40 degrees wont put much of a dent in that 8-9 inches that is out there in some locations. Like bret said, the only spot we would really have to worry about would be to the north, where there was that slushy crappy ice. we’ll be fine

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

sounds like fun! anyone else hitting the hard water with us on friday?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Quote:

i guess hes got a hot cousin that is coming in from colorado for a while over christmas break and i think she would come out! i guess she loves to hunt and fish so it souns like a good time

UGh
    Shes not japanese is she?
    Who told you she was hot anyway? Kris himself or what?

OK SORRY- couldnt resist!

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

cades right UGH women are bad trouble i mean jeez just look at some of the guys on here….. nothing but trouble

-Aaron

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

nope luckilly she’s not on the japenesse side of the family!, and yes beleive it or not he was the one who told me that she was hot… CAN U SAY RED NECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i saw a pic of her today and he wasn’t kidding- which is very disturbing to me!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

nope luckilly she’s not on the japenesse side of the family!, and yes beleive it or not he was the one who told me that she was hot… CAN U SAY RED NECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i saw a pic of her today and he wasn’t kidding- which is very disturbing to me!

OK dudes, whats wrong with us Red Necks

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

i can see her now-
    “You didnt bring the nail polish widjadidja?”

“Naw sweet cheeks, i reckon i done ate the rest of that”

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

nuttin’s rong wit da redneks but im just sayin i think kris’ family tree goes straight up if you know what i mean

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Hard ta fallin from a limb whens there aint one

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

well, a lot of things went wrong, but both nick and i managed to figure out how to get down to stoddard yesterday. I was there from 9:30- 4:30, but nick was only around from about noonish till about 2:30. It was a blast out there, I caught a ton of fish! I am not sure the final total for nick but i think he had some fun testing some new gear. I think i caught well over a hundred fish, but lots- i mean lots of small ones. I got out of town (literally, there was a small town of people out there) and traveled clear across the ice to a new spot, and got on the bigger ones. Here, there were still quite a few people, but i stayed on the far outside edge of the people, and i did better than the guy next to me with the vex! It was a great day…bring on monday!

HEres a sample of some of the nicer fish of the day….take a peak at my report as well! 12-23-05 Stoddard

(DOUBLE )

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Nice job Cade and company Is that a Buzz Stick you are using there? The fish may be starting to make their way to the deeper water already. I can’t wait for Monday myself so I can get back on the ice.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

yep i have been using a buzz stick for about a year. The buzz actually does make the jig move quite well, if you are using a small jig. I can’t wait to catch some gills and crappies just under the ice a little later this year with it. I really like the rod more than anything though. Its a perfect action and it feels nice in your hands. I lost the little battery cover though so i used masking tape to keep the batery in
    WEll it was pretty cool yesterday..where are you headed on monday?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.