Strike Master Electric Auger?

• ducks4me
    N.E. Iowa

Thinking about giving the new Strike Master 12000 Electric Auger a try. Does anyone have one of the newer ones? If so how do you like it? What size auger to you have? How many holes can you drill on one charge? Any info would be a great help!
    Thanks,
    Ducks

Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

I have a 7 inch electric, it is a stike master lazer electric without the battery. Check this, i got it brand new from a pawn shop in storm lake, IA for 75 dollars cash BRAND NEW IN THE BOX!!!!! that is $300+ auger…hahahaa

Back to your question, they are like a hot knife through butter if you have the lazer model. Just use a small 12v vexilar battery or similar and you can cut quite a few holes in little time. It is perfect for early ice and/or in your permenant fishhouse. GEt one you will not be disapointed unless you want to go through like 2ft ice, it will do it easy but battery will become and issue if you are drilling alot of holes, unless you have a deep cycle or a 4wheeler to jump cables off of.

ducks4me
    N.E. Iowa

That’s the only consern I have. I usually don’t drill thru ice that is more than 20″. And I usually don’t drill more than 24 holes. Will the new Lazer 12000 electic 6″, drill 25 holes in 20″ ice? They say it will drill 15 holes in 36″ easily. So I would assume it will drill at least 30 holes in 18″ of ice. If that is the case then I wouldn’t hesitate…….just not sure.

Ducks

Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

i would say it would struggle with the last 5 holes, but they cut good and no gas, no starting, no mess….

icetp
    Faribault , MN

I have the older model 8″ w\o the rechargable battery,being able to drill holes inside wheelhouse w/o having to open windows & door was my reason for buying electric. Must have good blades.On a trip to Red last Feb. a friend brought the new style rechargable he got for x-mas along and we decided to give it a test. He cut all eight holes in my house, ice was 36″+, would a gas auger have been faster? YES,but the elec. rechargable did cut those eight holes. Hope this gives you an idea for comparison.

ducks4me
    N.E. Iowa

Did the auger seem to have a good cut rate on all eight holes? Especially the last two?
    Thanks guys!

Ducks

icetp
    Faribault , MN

It still had a good turn rate provided you let the auger decided on feed rate as opposed to leaning on the handles. I dont think we could have drilled maybe one more hole without having to recharge.Sharp blades are one of the keys for ALL augers, but with electrics its a must.

ducks4me
    N.E. Iowa

Thanks a bunch for the info. Still not 100% sure which way to go. I think there are ups and downs to both gas and electric. I just REALLY like the idea of electric. Gonna have to give it some more thought. Still have a til the 31st to get a 2 stroke, so I have a little time left if I decide to go that way instead.
    Thanks again!

Ducks

Wadsworth

I have the 8 inch Strikemaster Rechargeable electric, and I love it. I mostly fish with tip ups, so I drill a lot of holes, and I haven’t had any problem with the battery life, even with 20 inches of ice I have been able to drill 20 holes, I can’t say how many you could drill before running the battery dead, I’ve never actually tried it. The key is to bring it inside so it can warm up before recharging it, the batter won’t fully charge if you leave it out in the cold, or in the garage and put the charger on it.

Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

yeah that is one thing with the electric is you let it do the cutting dont push down on the handles. get the electric, you will be happy with it.

ducks4me
    N.E. Iowa

Thanks for the info and advice guys! I appreciate it!
    I believe I’ll give the electric a try.

Ducks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.