GULP!!!

• Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

i used some gulp maggots on saturday after i ran out of crappie minnows. Put them on a small demon glow and jigged it,,,boy did it work!!! i recommend..

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Kodiak,

I have been using various Berkley products instead of reall waxies for years with great success. The only time the fish don’t seem to bite them as good or better than the real thing is when the are in a real negative mood. I’ll swith back to the real thing than.

mstanley
    Shorewood,MN

I carry all the maggot colors and tip everything with them even minnows on tipups. Even when I switch to live bait I still have a little chunk of Gulp.I have found the pink maggot to be an nice addition to waxies on the hook. A little extra flash and scent can’t hurt. Just make sure you remove any leftover Gulp from your hooks. Stuff turns into concrete when it dries and takes awhile to resoften.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

I have carried Powerbait waxies with me for years in case I run out of the real ones. I have never had nearly the success with the Powerbait as I have had with real waxies but they do catch fish. I noticed the biggest difference fishing for trout. Trout absolutely love wax worms and they are by far my favorite trout bait but they turn their noses up at the Powerbait grubs. I have had better success using the Powerbait grubs with panfish but you have to smash the Powerbait grubs up first to resemble a waxie that has caught a few fish. For some reason panfish like ripped-up waxies more than intact waxies.

Eyehunter

Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

how about the crappie bites? anyone had any success with them? i was killing the crappies with the maggots.

mstanley
    Shorewood,MN

The sparkle crappie bites are also good but the Gulp lasts longer on the hook and has a lot more scent – well stink is a better a description. FYI do not under any circumstances bite into Gulp yourself. Undescribable flavor that will stay with you far longer than you want. Kodiak that Marcum working for you?

Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

yeah i have only had it out a couple times since i got it the other day, it works GREAT!! i am very happy with it, i havent used the zoom feature yet though. I was getting my lowrance down pretty good before i got rid of it, havent had much ice time with the lx3tc but i like what i see so far!! good product, i have a ovs 500 also that i have had for about 3 years.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.