My NEW LX-5!!!!!!

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ps Go to the new Rogers store and I’ll meet you two clowns there on my way out of town.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Rela-tic’s win easily this time….maybe if it was just Wats…

I see how you are… Next time you are out on your sidewalk cleaning up bird poo, keep in mind, that big pile in front of your door won’t be from any bird…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Here’s a link to my LX-3 that’s for sale….

Link to classified ad

As of this morning $225. is the highest offer.

Come the first of the year, I’ll have a MarCum LX-5 report and some time to write it…if my favorite wife finds out.

Scott? Is there such a thing called divorce ins?

scottsteil
    Central MN

Yes there is Brian, people usually pay for it by selling some of their stuff off

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Just to let everyone know, the Cabelas in Owatonna does not have the LX-5’s in stock.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

How many did they have? I’m hearing 2-3 per store? Whats the deal? Its prime time baby…

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

According to the supreme genious’ behind the counter ….they haven’t received any yet.

That’s too bad to. I was leaning towards buying one.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Does anyone know the “official Website” of Marcum? i have looked really hard and can’t find it. I’m still on the fence about which flasher to buy, but still leaning towards the Fl-18. I have heard a lot of Marcum this and marcum that, but even just by the picture, the Vex looks better. Vex has been around longer and i know i won’t do wrong with the vex. But keep in mind, im going for whatever i can get my hands on if the price is right!
    Thanks

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Dude really, look at a marcum, I seriously love mine so much more than my old fl-18. The website is Click Here

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

i want some opinions on the lx3 compared to the fl-18…what do you guys think? the lx5 looks sweet, but un affordable. At second glance, i think an lx3 might actually be on my list. still tough to decide but it looks pretty nice. So far i have only got about $130, so i better hope i hit the jack pot tomorrow. Sorry, i know that christmas isn’t all about presents, but i am hoping i can get just enough money to afford a nice flasher. So again…Fl-18 vs Lx-3????

BTW, thanks for the webpage..i couldn’t find it even with a search engine!

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Big fish- talk to Scott Steil- I know that at one point, he had some nice used units for sale. I don’t know if he still does or not..? Also if he doesn’t check ebay- for a used lx-3. I think I saw some on there yesterday. If you lived closer I would love to show you my marcum for a day. Because you really won’t believe it until you see it. I know I have said this before, but take it from me, because I owned an fl-18 for two seasons, and I am now fishing a marcum.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

yes i have talked to scott, and he has a lx3 for sale for 275 which i have been considering buying, but another oppurtunity coming from someone else is a fl18 for only 325! That is why I was wondering the difference between the two. Thanks!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Thanks a lot guys, I have made my decision…….
    Drum roll!
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    /
    /
    /
    /
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \/
    /
    /
    \
    /
    \
    /
    \
    /
    \
    /
    \
    /
    \
    /
    \
    /
    \
    /
    IM GOING WITH THE LX-3
    Scott is sending it out tomorrow!!!!!!!!
    Can’t wait to use it this weekend!

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Good Choice you are going to love your marcum!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Bigfish…you and a MarCum?

I’m sending a note to the DNR..to start stocking your area.

No fish will be safe!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

LX-5 question.

I was in the local Gander Mtn and overheard a salesperson pitching flashers. One of his sales pitches was how the Vexilar flashers have the capabilities to reduce interference from other units. He made the comment that Marcums don’t have this ability. Is this true/false? Has anyone noticed this?

Here’s why I ask. Many times, like this past Monday, I fish with guys like AmWatson, JP Mason, & Bret. All three were running Vex’s and were fishing a tight area. If I had a Marcum, would it be hindered by interference from the other untis?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Blue, as an Lx-3 user, I can field that question for both the 3’s and 5’s.

My main reason for going to the MarCum units was because of interferance with other units. The 3 has 10 levels of surpression and the 5 has 12 levels.

There isn’t a better unit out there for interferance rejection! Speaking as a user.

clarkk
    Eagan, MN

The Marcum LX-1, LX-2, LX-3, LX-3tc, and LX-5tc have interference rejection. Some have more IR settings than others (LX-5 has the most) but they all have it. I have the LX-3 and my fishing partner has an FL-18 and both units work fine together. Be very careful listening to sales people in a sporting goods store when they talk about electronics. I’ve heard more misstated facts and outright lies from sporting goods sales people trying to sell electronics than I care to talk about. Most don’t know what they are talking of or don’t have real experience with what they are trying to sell.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Blue, as an Lx-3 user, I can field that question for both the 3’s and 5’s.

My main reason for going to the MarCum units was because of interferance with other units. The 3 has 10 levels of surpression and the 5 has 12 levels.

There isn’t a better unit out there for interferance rejection! Speaking as a user.

I guess someone needs to educate the seller at Gander Mtn…

Thanks for the input guys!

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

Could Scott or Luke or any Marcum user, could you guy’s do us a favor?
    Clamp several…say 4 tiny split shots on a line 3/4″ apart take a pic of the rig, drop it down the hole in about 15-20 feet of water and take a pic of the screen in super fine and normal modes and post them on this thread or start a new one.

Thanks,

Ferny.

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

Scott, what would REALLY be interesting is the pic of both Vex FL-18 in AZ mode and LX units and how they see the rig down the same hole at the same time.

Thanks,

Ferny.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Ferny, If I get a chance this week I will do that. Doing the test will be easy enough, finding the time to do it will be another

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Ferny- I can do that for you, other than, the pictures I have tried to take of the flasher don’t turn out well. I don’t know if it is because the flasher is bright, or electronic interference between the two…But I will try it again. I will tell you this though, I can tell when my spike or waxie is gone…

I will do is asap, or as soon as it gets cold again…The ice has been scaring me lately..
    Pray for cold weather!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I notice that on Zumbro the other day…wondering why my lure line became smaller on the flasher…waxie was gone…from that point on…I could see if my wax worm was gone at 26 feet!

I’ve tried taking pictures of the flasher lights….Not an expert, but I think you have to slow the shutter speed down because the camera will only pick up one flash if it’s too fast.

A short video clip would do the trick though.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Brian, you are right. It is very hard to get a good picture because you have to slow the shutter speed way down and hold very still. The lights are spinning inside at a very fast speed and when you stop them with a pictue you don’t get a good interpretation of it. I will still see what I can do.

Brian, you are right about losing you wax worm and noticing it. The same is true for the head of a minnow on a jigging spoon.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

With a little luck, I’ll have mine tomorrow or Friday!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

ME TOO! ME TOO!!!!

I Really like the red case….don’t take me wrong Blue!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I know you can’t see it, but I have drool running down my chin That pic is better than a Playboy centerfold

Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

the transducer is HUGE on them things!!!

emover
    Malcom, IA

me too Wats, my wife suggested I get a bib

dave

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.