My NEW LX-5!!!!!!

• Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

When you are fishing a hole that has a severe drop its necessary to find your lure. With other units it impossible to find your lure because the transducer cannot read the bottom drop. Its also used when fishing panfish in weeds. Your lure will show up better on fine line because the flasher is not reading in big “clumps”, just little fine lines.
    So when you are fishing a normal bottom or not in the weeds you don’t need to have such great detail if you don’t want it. Like i said before it can be a really simple flasher along with a complex flasher. Its really a bunch of units all in one!!!!
    Try one. Its hard to put down a Vexilar, I know it took a lot of convincing just to try it!!! Don’t be ashamed everyone is doing it..

gary_wellman
    South Metro

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!

I’ll stick with my little portable graph, where I can control sensitivity and grayline and have just as much instant response that is needed…………All for a mere $150!!!!!!!

Sorry guys, had to do it…………SOMEBODY had to break up the Vex vs. Mar battle royal, before we hire Wally Carbo and Mean Jean from the AWA to promote/ref at the IDA Mille Lacs GTG!!!!!

By the way, my GRAPH will out perform your flasher!!!!!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

That’s it. Were having a “flash off” Jan 5 only on PPV. Channel 152 $59.99
    This will also be a cage match.
    Call your cable co today. Vex v.s MarCum “06”

*promoters will not be responsible for any temporary or permanent blindness from various LED lights.

Sorry,had to throw a little humor into this thread.. Too much testosterone flying around..

Scott, I’m checking into the “blending” for curiosity. I’m confused.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Derek, you just posted the same thought I had at the same time!!!!!!

Did you watch Monday Night RAW???????

PS: Wally and Mean Jean ROCK!!!!!!!!!

by the way:
    AWA had better graphics than WWE!!!!!!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

HEY FYI TO ALL YOU GUYS

WRESTLING IS FAKE, THEY ARE JUST ACTING!!!!

csp88
    Ankeny, Iowa

Quote:

So when you are fishing a normal bottom or not in the weeds you don’t need to have such great detail if you don’t want it.

I guess I don’t understand…..why wouldn’t you want this fine detail all the time???

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

You really don’t need it!!!! Its that fine of detail even with out it on. When you have obstructions weeds, trees, sharp breaks, is when you need it. So they are giving you the option if you want it. Thats all! More diverse flasher!

I am drawing an end on my part, i gave my .02cents worth on what i thought. We will never have a clear answer to which unit is better that the other. Both of these unit are great. I have switched to Marcum because i think they are ahead of other flashers on the market.
    Good luck to all fishing, remember to be safe!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

HEY FYI TO ALL YOU GUYS

WRESTLING IS FAKE, THEY ARE JUST ACTING!!!!

No way, All these years I thought it was real. Come on guys, lets get real here. We ALL know wrestling is the real deal. Has to be be. Gots to be. It is. Nuff said.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Picture of my first iced fish with my new lx-5! This thing is truly one of a kind. (the flasher that is)

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Two for lunch… mmmmmm tasty!!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Luke, look what you went and started

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Wats haha, I know… How bout this..That crappie in the first picture, is 9 and 5/32 of an inch. I didn’t have a tape measure, but I knew it was a crappie and I could tell how long it was on the marcum!!!
    Just kidding!!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Just think, now we can really do some selective fishing. When a small one comes along, you can just take the bait away before they bite

scottsteil
    Central MN

Chad let me explain, Super Fine Line display is a Patented Technology from MarCum. What it does is give you 3/4 inch target separation without going into zoom mode. This is actual target separation, not Target ID There is a big difference. What this means is the MarCum LX-5 can distiguish between 2 targets (fish & bait, fish & fish) within 3/4 inch.

Now you ask, why not always be in SFL? Well, if you are fishing water deeper than 40ft, you will want to be in the standard display. In deep water, you don’t really want to be seeing targets that are 3/4 inchs apart, you will end up with to many targets stacked on top of each other. That is why MarCum gives you the option of selecting it as needed. I recommend people use SFL for water under 40ft. If you are in deep water, the NBT or narrow beam transducer will cover all your needs.

As I have said before and others seem to be figuring out. If you actually USE the MarCum LX-5 it is clear which is the best unit out there, very clear!

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

Hey Guy’s here’s what Vexi uses right from their service guy.

Bill, there are 4 red and 4 green LED’s. Orange is a combination of
    those two. Thanks for the inquiry.

Pat
    Vexilar Service

Ferny
    p.s. I have had a Vex since the early ’80’s and wouldn’t ice fish without one. I would like to use a Marcum on ice though to compare them.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Thanks Ferny, that is what we were saying…two colored LED’s blended to get a third color.

The LX-5 actually used 3 different colored LED’s, that is how they get that crisp signal. There is no blending of color

DRH1175

What is the biggest difference between the LX5 and LX3tc? Do they have the same led display? I do understand that the lx5 has 2000 watts vs 1500

scottsteil
    Central MN

The LX-5 comes with the built in Dual Beam Transducer (NBT) (8 & 20 degree) switchable on the key pad. It also has SFL or super file line display, which gives you 3/4 inch target separation without having to go into the zoom mode. The LX-5 also has 3 separate LED lights, for an ultra crisp display. There is no blending of color with the LX-5. The LX-5 also comes with 12 levels of Interference Rejection (IR) so you can tune out just about any other signal.

The LX-3tc is similar to last years LX-3 accept it comes with the patented TrueColor display, which uses 2 color LED’s to give you the 3 color display. The TC is what gives you the bright crisp readout on the LX-3 when you compare it to the competition or last years units. The LX-3tc comes with 10 levels of IR.

Both the LX-3tc and the LX-5 are great units, it is just a matter of deciding how many options you want on your flasher. The LX-5 is loaded. Both units work excellent in deep water and come with an adjustable zoom so you can zoom anywhere in the water column. Hopefully that answers your question.

DRH1175

Thanks Scott

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I noticed with my Lx-3 that while fishing gills, I could tell when a perch came into the hole…everytime…I never notice that with my Vex…

I’m not saying that a Vex wouldn’t…just never noticed it.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Brian, the LX-5 takes that to a whole new level. You can basically tell where they are in the cone as well as perch, walleye, pout, etc. I used to ask my guide clients if they are marking any fish, now I ask them are you marking any walleye. Once they see what the signal return is like from a walleye, it is easy to tell. Now that is impressive

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Scott! Will you knock it off! You know I just bought this 3 last year!

You are going to make me a sneak!

For Sale:

LX-3 Works Great..New just before Christmas last year.

Send PM with best offer….I’ll cover shipping if needed.

Best offer by Dec 30th 5 pm takes it!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Well I talked to the chief engineer at Vexilar and just like the Vex website says, Vex uses three LED and does not “blend” nor do they know what “blending” means? If two colors were somehow blended, you wouldnt get precise color definition. The spec’s for the FL-18 also state three LED’s. Yet I haven’t seen any specs for any Marcum product?

Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

derek-

that was a good burn!!! haha

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Ok Brian I will get this party started! $.05 and can you still ship it or drop it off???

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Ok Brian I will get this party started! $.05 and can you still ship it or drop it off???

I’ll go $.25. Alvinmack said he would pick it up for me.

emover
    Malcom, IA

Ah Heck Brian, I’d go .30 and let ya bring it to me in PdC. even buy ya a beer

dave

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I’ll give you .30cents and let Derek drop it off at the get together.
    Sorry man had to do it!!! Just poking fun!!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Brian, meet Watson & myself at the Owatonna Cabelas tomorrow around 10:30am. Maybe they’ll swing us a deal if we buy a pair of those LX-5’s.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Man, you guys are cheap…for .30 cents and a beer…I’d rather take it apart and count the LEDs!

10:30 at Owatonna? Let’s see Rela-tic or Blue and Wats??? Hmmm…Rela-tic’s win easily this time….maybe if it was just Wats…

Spose I’ll have to go to the classifieds and post this…no respect here I see!

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.