Big Marine…ever ice fish it?

• ferny
    Stillwater, MN

Hey Guy’s, We were thinking of putting the perm shack out on Big Marine this year. It can’t be as bad as Chisago has been the last couple of years can it? I really haven’t ice fished it more than a couple of times. Does anybody have any tips on where people fish for crappie and walleyes? Oh ya, my buddy loves to put out tip-ups for pike too. I’m thinking that should be easier up near the North end narrows? Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Ferny.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I used to hit Big Marine hard early ice. The 20′ hole just s of the n access was a great early ice spot for evening crappies. The s edge of that hole also gave an occasional walleye. The weedy flats to the west and south were decent pike areas. Once the ice was drivable, my fishing usually dropped off and I never really went in search of other areas.

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Mike is right on. Crappies/sunnies at the hole just south of the north landing, and the west side cannot be beat for getting northerns/bass on tip-ups. Last winter was a banner year for nice northerns over there. I plan on hitting it real soon.

Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.