Who is out there??

• scottsteil
    Central MN

Ok, I see a lot of people looking for ice information this time of year. I see a lot of people reading the ice forums that are just lurking. How about someone register that is lurking and post right here. Come on…get on board.

Who is going to be first? Let me be the first to welcome you

mnfan
    Rochester MN

ok…you set the hook.

Great site with TONS of info..not going anywhere, as there is plenty to learn.

Do I win the prize for the longest ‘lurker’?

icetp
    Faribault , MN

Hey,Scott. Good to see your reports. Gives me something to look forward to reading, I’m broke down with a broken leg right now. Look forward to fishing in Feb. on Red. Talked to a friend who was on a few of the Faribault area lakes this past weekend.Approach all lakes with extreme CAUTION. Most ice reported from 4″ to 6″,slush pockets under snow with 1″-2″ water, followed by 1″-3″of ice.Be CAREFUL.

TGM
    Lakeville,MN.

ok scott you caught me to (5’10” 180lbs.)I have been lurking for years….really enjoy everyones posts,I am usually looking for ice info on Mille Lacs until I get my big house out.I think I can find & catch (not always)the fish my self (thats the fun part).Although it is nice to pick up a few tips every now & then. jiggle-jiggle

scottsteil
    Central MN

Welcome all of you . I know there are lots of others out there reading that are sitting there waiting to Register. This is your chance!

Icetp, yes, I checked a few lakes this weekend that had lots of slush yet. This AM, it was better on some of our local lakes as it got down to -14 last night.

jiggle-jiggle..that was a good one

Prize, did someone say prize…that is a good idea, I will make some calls.

So, who is next I know there are more people out there that are crazy about ice fishing like myself

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

I wanted to let people know that the ice isn’t safe in the West Metro. We tried the ice on Collinwood Lake, by Cokato, and cut a few test holes that were about 8, as we went along the lead guy with a chisel testing the ice. We got out about 100 yards from shore and he was poking along and the next poke “OPEN WATER” . We retreated as quickly as possible. It is incredible to have daytime HIGH’S in the teens or lower and not have walkable ice. It goes to show you how good of an insultator the snow is. I had 3 buddies that went pheasant hunting this weekend in different groups. All 3 of them broke through the sloughs they were hunting. I guess a guy has to head up North! Good Luck to ALL and “BE SAFE”. 690reece

col._klink
    St Paul

Are you trying to fish next to a power plant??

The fishing here in Anoka and Ramsey county is slow but the ice is a solid 8″ to 10″. Lots of snow on the ice but good enough to bring the quad out and waste some time drowning some waxxies

DOUGGRAY
    ROCHESTER,MN

HI SCOTT, I JUST POSTED FOR THE FIRST TIME THE OTHER DAY ON THE LOW FORUM. YOU GUYS HAVE ALOT OF GOOD INFO! HOPE DEREK DIDNT MIND ME JUMPING IN. IM GOING TO LOW DEC 28-30 AND RED LAKE JAN 20-22 OTHER WISE JUST FISHING AROUND ROCHESTER.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Jiggle Jiggle

scottsteil
    Central MN

Welcome Gravy. Glad to have you onboard. Sounds like you have some great trips planned and they are carefully planned to hit the good bites it looks like. Keep us posted on how you do!

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

?????Power Plant????? 690reece

Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

just signed up, hope i can help out…i was a regular on the fishing minnesota forum but the staff is too sensitive to comments about products they use and are very biased so i got out of there.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Welcome aboard all!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is always nice to hear more of the metro ice action too!!!!!!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

I see a lot of people reading the ice forums that are just lurking.

I’ve been registered for quite a while, but I still like lurking.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Nothing wrong with Lurking, it is just nice to get more people involved, that is what makes things interesting in the forums.

Welcome Kodiak, sounds like you do quite a bit of Ice Fishing. I haven’t been over on FM for many years, but I think you will find the IDA group here is a real great bunch, welcome

Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

Scott-

Thanks for the welcome, it was too much of a fraternity over there on FM. Yeah i do a quite a bit if icing in the metro area, i will help all i can…THANKS!!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hey Kodiak;

You also got some good lakes over your way………There is even a couple of DNR muskie breeding ponds over there!!!

IF YOU CAN FIND THEM!!!!!!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome guys. Great to have you with us. Please feel free to share and post all you want. Come on guys, I know there are more of you out there who haven’t registered yet. Lets get reistered and then you can post away like the rest of us. We ALL learn from everybodies sharing so join us guys and lets have fun talkin Fishin.
    Thanks, Bill

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Welcome everybody to the site!!! This site is amazing!!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

Welcome everybody to the site!!! This site is amazing!!!

The members are amazing!

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

I will second that bill!!!

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Welcome to all!! Post those reports and ?’s.

Bill Marty
    Bloomington,MN

I am the official lurker. I would like to post more but I don’t catch many fish these days. We have a place on Leech now. Need I say more?

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Sorry to hear that, Bill. We used to go up there 6-7 times a year and only went once this year. Hope it improves again. It was a great place to fish.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Welcome Bill, I feel your Pain on Leech, the good news is they have taken some aggressive steps to making things better. The fishery will rebound, and quicker than most expect I think

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Welcome all newbies and past lurkers

I’m looking forward to hearing some more reports and theories from you guys. Always makes things more interesting and we all learn a ton more with different people posting their experiences and observations in what ever the topic is ! Feel free to post your thoughts, questions and opinions as often as you would like! This site ROCKS

AGAIN WELCOME

Bill Marty
    Bloomington,MN

The quality is still there. Last year I took one fish for the frying pan it was 17.5 in. I caught many more over the slot of 26. I have been able to catch one walleye for every 2-3 hrs of fishing. And lately I have been concentrating my efforts at night which have upped my odds.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Good to hear Bill Marty . I’m hoping to get back ou tthere again sometime. It has been a long time since I fished it, but man I used to have some fun on that lake.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

My stay on the ice starts tomorrow at 6 am and it will end January 13th. I will try to get back home and use the computer so I can post some reports. I will be heading to West and East Rush Lake, Lake of the Woods, Little Rock Lake, the Perham area, and possibly Mille Lacs and surrounding lakes.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Anyone else want to register and talk fishin with the rest of us? Its a GREAT way to end the year and start the new year coming up. We would love to have you sharing and posting with us.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.