The great state

• setdahook
    south dakota

Went out last Sunday on Madison. The ice was terrible and the bite not far off, but in the lakes defense I never moved from the first spot due to such bad ice.

scottsteil
    Central MN

What is the deal with the ice, to much snow on it? I haven’t been out there yet. I would imagine it will be a couple weeks.

setdahook
    south dakota

HAve not been all the way up to the northern part yet such as Waubay. The ice on the lakes I have fished in the Brookings area is about 6+ inches but varies, also not alot of snow pack most of that melted a week ago then refroze over the last 4 or 5 days.

I did hear there was one failed attempt of someone trying to drive on Thompson.

Yesterday I went back to Madison and did better on the crappies than on anything else.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Tweedt, thanks for the report. Keep us posted on things out that way. And, welcome to IDA, glad to have you on board

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

gotta love late season pannies out there!!!!

cohuss

i’m thinking of going to waubay next monday, anyone know how much ice is there?

kevinj

I am new to this forum. I have not been out on any ice yet this winter. The weather has just been too nice. I was hoping to find more ice reports. Can you suggest any places with good ice around Madison or Brookings. I live by Canton and don’t want to drive 3 hours for unsafe ice. I never drive on, I only walk and pull a portable. Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.