Mille Lacs update 12-16-05

• Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I took a ride out on the lake this noon on the sled. Drove the Big Red atv out yesterday and had a little trouble in the snow! The lake now has around 6-8 inches of new snow. I did’nt do any ice thickness checks put was only looking at the ice rdge and for cracks. The couple cracks I found were bleeding water a little in the snow. The snow is a bit heavy on the ice now. I am staying off the lake this pm as the wind is scheduled to blow big time of the NW at 20+. I am hoping that some of the snow will blow off the lake. The sad part of that is, that it will end up in our yard in drifts

emover
    Malcom, IA

Bob,

Quote:

The sad part of that is, that it will end up in our yard in drifts

I feel your pain

Certainly enjoy hearing about the lake conditions though. Thanks.

dave

big_g
    Isle, MN

yeah bob, it must be really tough, living on mille lacs !!!

g

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Quote:

yeah bob, it must be really tough, living on mille lacs !!!

g

ah…….come on G

I did’nt mean to be that way about it! You know you just can’t fish every day….even when you only live 100 feet from the lake

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I was thinking the same thing G, Poor Bobber.

See you in a month Bob!

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

come on bobber, tell them how tough it really is living on the lake. we can pick and choose the days we want to fish. i have to make 3 trips down to the dock from the garage, with all my rods, tackle and electronics. the manual crank on the boatlift is tough. people always leaving lots of food and beer in the fridge when they go home on sunday nights. i could sit here all night thinking of how tough it is living on mille lacs………tom f

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ve got the same sympathy for you too Tom. NONE!! See you at the GTG, I hope!

fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

Bobber and Tom. i hear ya there. it does suck living on the lake. you have to look at the lake when you are eating dinner,cooking,dishes, most anything you do mille lacs gets in your way of vision. what a bummer.

wyatt

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

brother-in-law left this morning and left his new aqua-view for me to try out. that means that i am going to have to get all my warm cloths on and hook up the otter to the atv and go fishing. it’s tough up here!!………….tom f

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.