Lake marion??

• redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

I haven’t fished lake Marion in a couple of years except for a couple of times ice fishing this and last year. What are some general areas/structure you look for when targeting sunnies and crappies. I’ve got the little ones figured out but I would like to get into some bigger ones.
    Also the same questions go for Prior.
    You don’t have to give away any secret spots, any help is appreated.
    Thanks, Redneckjr.

vikefanmn

Marions a difficult lake when it comes to big crappies, mainly cuz there are NONE. U want the big ones, skip Prior as well and run over to fish lake. The only interesting thing taken outta Marion was that body a couple years ago.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I’ve done some serious camera searching on Marion for both quality sunnies and crappies.

Look for schools in deeper water, off the weedlines. They are hard to find and very few-far between. To be honest, I never found anything to be of any decent size to chase them down…….

I believe that the pressure on Marion, Crystal, Orchard and a few other of the local lakes are so harsh, that a fish just never has a chance to get any size. Once it comes close to being an “eater”, it hits the fry pan!

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

Quote:

Once it comes close to being an “eater”, it hits the fry pan!

I disagree it’s more like the sushi bar

pfluggy
    ROSEMOUNT, MN

JR.
    HAVE NOT ICE FISHED MARION IN A LOT O YRS. BUT THE SMALL POINT THINK ITS ON THE NORTH SIDE BIG PART OF LK. THE DEEP HOLE 22-30′ OF WATER IS RIGHT THERE, I COULD FIND SOME NICER FISH THERE.
    AS FOR PRIOR? THE HARD PART IS FINDING A PLACE TO LET YOU ON.BAYS WITH DEEPER WATER IN THEM CAN BE GOOD ,THE ISLAND ON THE NORTH PART OF THE LK.,NOT BY THE BEACH, SOUTH OF THE BEACH, ON THE SOUTH SIDE ALLWAYS HELD ALL!.. KINDS OF FISH.
    BUT YA WONT BIG PAN FISH WITH A FEW EYES TO BOOT GO TO SPRING.GO OUT FROM SPORTSMAN ACESS AND START TO LOOK FROM THERE . WHEN ICE GETS GOOD THE POINTS CAN BE GOOD .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.