Pool 10 Gremore Lake Report

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Boy I wish I had better news but the bit this morning was as scarce as I have seen it in a long long time…..

We hit the ice before sun up and did not have a fish until after sun up…Moon Glitters,Rockers,finks,Lil Mic’s, bait, plastic, you name it…we tried it…

By 11am, three of us had maybe 20 keepers to take home that’s not that good for 4 1/2 hours of fishing, and fishing hard…but the reports had been sporadic with all the fronts coming thru that way they have been…the bit could have picked right up after we left, or it could have been an afternoon bite…who knows

The ice conditions on Gremore were real good,,,3″ of good clear ice and another 2″ of top crust snow melted ice,,,

I heard reports of people trying to get across the Ambro Slough and they are not going…to much thin ice to be safe…hovercrafts are the only way for this guy…

Good luck out there and be safe

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Thanks Dave, we had a guy go through and drown here in Cedar Falls last week, I’m pretty gun shy. A question for you since you’re from Prarie. Do you have to be 21 to get into the Main Enterance? Joe Price is playing there the 23rd and my son and I thought about fishing and going there afterwards, he’s only 19. Thanks

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

anybody going to be out in the Ambro Slough area Thursday afternoon or Friday ?

I’l be out there scouting around looking for the best spot to have the ice GTG at …

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Jighead-two,

If your his dad you can bring in under aged children into a bar and even have them drink with the adults…

so the answer to your question is …YES….

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Thanks Dave

dubiceman
    Dubuque, IA

I am coming up PDC tomorrow. Anyone have any recent reports?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.