Power drill attachment for auger???

• twedul
    Holmen, WI

I had an old timer buddy up in Winona talk about seeing someone with a power drill attached to an auger. He said it was amazing how fast and efficient it was. Then I was at Gander MTN and saw the adapter for $59.95. Has anyone used one of these or heard about this set-up. On the box it said it could drill over 50 feet of ice per battery!! I thought that was pretty good. Just looking for any info on these…Thanks. Ted

staynchargebob
    Amery, WI

north american fishing club just did a new product review on these, they seemed to work well, I was thinking about trying one myself.

herb
    6ft under

You can order it right from Yo Auger for 39.99 plus 7.00 shipping. Made in Iowa.
    Some guys are making their own also. Make sure your drill has the 400 ft lbs of torque. They reccomend 18v, but I know guys getting by with smaller drills. Need the extra fully charged batt.

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

I made one, it didn’t work so well. My problem was probably more a result of dull auger blades and a tired 14.4 volt drill. I’d suggest a bigger drill. If I had a digi camera I’d post some pictures of mine.

Good Luck,

Matt

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

They are on Ebay, I bought one it’s called the ice kicker and it was 20 some bucks, 30.00 total shipping included, go to ebay ice fishing. Ron

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.