Ice & Fishing Report?

• charlie_heiman
    Randolph, MN

Just curious if anybody has been out on lakes like: Byllesby, French, Shields, Cedar, McMahon, or other lakes in the Northfield and Faribault area. Hoping to get out there soon to check myself, but a little help would be appreciated.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hey Charlie!!!!!

I haven’t heard anything on Byllesby yet. I would have to guess that the ice is still a bit thin, being that there is current there.

South metro lakes are still thin ice.

I would probably check out Shields in Bohemien Bay. Look for 10′ of water in the weeds and you should find something…….Be cautious of the ice down there. Reports are that it is only 2 to 4 inches!!!!!!

BeeGee1
    SE Minnesota

Heiman507
    I was up and looked over French and Roberds Sunday afternoon. Absolutely no one on the ice. I didn’t get out and check the ice but one of my buddies did on Sat and he says 2 and 1/2 inches of ice. I will stay with hitting the backwaters of the Mississippi as there is 5 inches or better if you watch where your goin

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

From what I am hearing the Faribault ice doesn’t sound very good. Then add the snow coming that they say we are suppose to get we could be in trouble. Becarefull and be safe. The Mississippi River ”shallow” areas in the backwaters sound safer to me.
    Thanks, Bill

charlie_heiman
    Randolph, MN

Alright, thanks. Just getting the itch, going to have a month long winter break from college coming up and can’t wait to get out there. All i have planned for the month is fishing and snowmobiling. We just finished up the final touches on our ice house and now we just need the ice to put it on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.