Sometimes, ya gotta work for those gills!

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I don’t mean jumping holes until you find fish, cuz that was no problem for me today. It was work because i had to bike two miles in all my gear carrying a bucket with 4 ice rods in it and the spud! LOL i know its a common sense issue to just not go but man what an itch you get after a weekend like i had! so today i biked down immidiately after i got home from school and started fishing at the culverts at goose island. There were 3 other guys where i was but about 8 more in the other slough area. I walked out and found about 6″ of ice. Started fishing and bam i caught a fish within 5 minutes of starting. I was fishing a couple feet under the ice over about 3-1/2 fow-4 fow. The fish were taking the bait fairly consistantly but not a ton of size to the fish. I caught a good 25 fish or more, but maybe only 7 or 8 keepers if i was looking for more meat. I left them where i found them today as i already have about 35 gills filleted and ready to go in my freezer. it was still fun to get out for about an hour and catch some gills today rather than sitting on this site for that extra hour while eating pop tarts and watching MTV its winter. I have to work for my fish or else i get FAT!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Cade, what were you using for lures and bait? Man, to be young again. You sure have had a great year on the water.
    Thanks, Bill

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

caught all fish on a purple lil mic tipped with a waxie. Man they really like those. I have found these to outfish all my other bates lately. Upgrade to a bigmic and you have a stellar crappie/perch bait. The treble almost garuntees hook up as well!

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

wayta go again! will have to try it this weekend again!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I have to work for my fish or else i get FAT!

Jez! I don’t want my wife to hear that!!!

twedul
    Holmen, WI

Cade,
    You are a fishing machine…I love it!!! Keep it up man!! Ted

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.