Breakfast anyone???

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Here’s another recipe for great food with limited gear, and it is extremely easy to do:

Ingredients:

– You will need one of the ziplock bags that can go in boiling water, which many can
    – Two eggs (or as many as you would like, but they have to fit in the bag
    – Cheese
    – Your favorite omelet additives (pepper, onion, garlic, basil, ham, etc)
    – Boiling water

The deal:

Add two eggs in the ziplock bag. With a spoon, whisk them until mixed. Add your favorite omelet stuffing and cheese. Zip the bag closed and ensure a tight seal. Toss the bag in the boiling water and let cook about 5 minutes. You may want to rotate the bag to let it cook evenly, but I don’t really think it matters. Once you see the egg is cooked, just remove the bag, unzip and serve. It may sound weird, but it works GREAT. It’s nice to have a tasty breakfast on the ice and start the day off right. Good luck!

Got this in an email today, not sure if it works or not, but I’m willing to try at the GTG.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

This sounds like it would work , im going to try it. Might be a heck of a way to boil fish with butter, cheese and small chopped potatoes and seasonings all in one and just pour onto plate. Never heard of doing it this way but i’ll bet it would work.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

sounds really good actually. Yeah i was thinking the same thing. You could really make some good fish with the propper ingredients in there….MMMMM im hungry!

birddog
    Mn.

Not to rain on the parade, but. Wouldn’t it be easier to just throw the ingredients in a pan to make the omlete? Boiling water in a portable doen’t work out so well…condesation, been there. You right, it does sound a tad weird.

BIRDDOG

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

My Daughter learned this one at Girl Scout camp last year. They called the omelets in a bag. It’s super simple and there’s no dishes! It works great over a campfire I’m sure it would work even better on the Mr. Heater/Cooker. I like to make grilled cheese sandwiches before going out wrap them in tin foil then flop them on the heater/cooker for a minute or so flip and enjoy a hot easy meal.

Good Luck,
    Ferny.

grampajimh
    Delmar, IA

Sounds good. I like ways of fixing things that aren’t messy. I suppose you should take most of the air out of the bag.

JIM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.