Wisconsin river back waters

• Gotfish
    My House

Yesterday my buddie invited me to go fishing down at slunts. I was stuck in the house all day sunday so i said heck yes. we got there, drilled a few holes but no fish. my buddies little sister sarah started catching fish after fish. none were quite big enough to keep. we decided to move closer to them. we set up just on the other side of them. within five minutes we started catching gill after gill. i started running three pole. i had to drill a knew hole closer to me because the one i had drilled was to far away and couldnt get to the pole quick enough. i ended up with 8 decent keepers running 3 poles and my buddie his dad and little brother and sister ended up with 10 nice ones. we left about dark. more people started to show up and the fish were starting to slow down. the best was around 2:30 er so. im gunna c if i cant get down there after school a few times this week. there was about 4 inches of ice and a foot of water yes only a foot of water. there was some open water near the shore. i guess there are some springs down in there or somthing. i tried drilling a hole up close in there but there was only a few inches of water. it seems like its always fairly good down there on first ice. then it gets fished out. not a very big area in there.
    hope to get out a little more and try some of my secret spots lol. well hope to c u out on the ice sometime!
    good luck!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice report Chance!

Got a couple fish in the frige too!

I’m going to ask the moderators to move this to the WI Ice Fishing forum…that way all the ice info is in one spot.

Keep the reports coming…I’m fishless since the start of the ice!

…and I need to hear the spatter of hot grease soon!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.