Ice fishing tip

• JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

Something I picked up from a friend a couple years back that has iced me a few more fish.At times when I use a swedish pimple or simular bait. I put a bead just above the lure it provides another color and the bead sliding on the line seems to intice a few bites also in murky or nite fishing a glow bead will give some added attraction. I have not personally tried it yet because my go to bait on my waters is the buckshot rattle jig but I bet the rattle beads just might be worth a try with some jigs

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Hey thanks for the tip I will give it a try .

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Lntony has a tip that he learned this year When storing your ice shack, make sure you check it every now and again for critters that want to use it for a summer home Mice and other furry critters can do some real damage to the fabric on a portable

col._klink
    St Paul

Speaking of mice eating holes in your shack…. I hate them so much!! I tried posion,traps everything. Then an oldtimer told me to put a dryer sheet in your canvas. I put a bunch in there. Checked it this winter, NOTHING!! It works

Give it a try any dryer sheet will work for anything you store mice and furry scum crawlers hate the smell

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

Dryer sheets are the key. Added bonus is it smells good when you open it up for the first time.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

also, make sure that if your permenent shack is on the ice, make sure it is not 55 degrees out with 2 inches…A couple years ago i saw a permenent shack in an area that was half under water…it was only 2 feet max but that would still be a bear to get out

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Quote:

Dryer sheets are the key. Added bonus is it smells good when you open it up for the first time.

Bars of Dove brand soap work too.. you can leave them in the package. Worked great in our camper and pop up.. Mice never came back.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.