Strikemaster Ice Augers

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

Hate to do this you but these are the best on the market.

http://www.jiffyonice.com/power_drills.htm

Jiffy Stealth is the best auger I have ever used!

No problem Bud. Just sharing info thats all and Thanks for sharing yours. They sure are nice and makes drilling alot of holes a breeze. Now if we can get more people to share we will ALL learn alot more about ice fishing and about different ice fishing equipement. Please feel free to share/post/talk all you want and them some guys.

Thanks, Bill

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

???????? Best on the market? I went to Strike Master after owning nothing but Jiffy. I’ll never go back.

It’s all opinion I guess.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I consider anything I own the best on the market…until it breaks.

dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

Too much plastic on a strikemaster for me. Those new 4 stroke have a plastic drill. They say it’s high density but forget that Give me something out of metal. I know that will last a lifetime. My dad bought a jiffy in 71 and to this day still looks like new and runs like a top. no more than 3 pulls on the coldest day.

jeff6771

They all drill holes

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

NILS MASTER- anyways I have heard from more people that it is the best? It somehow sharpens its own blades everytime you drill with it?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

My Strikemaster Lazer Mag sat for two years and started and ran great the first time I used it this year. All metal too.
    Thanks, Bill

scottsteil
    Central MN

I am on Strikemasters Pro Staff because I approached them. I honestly believe they make the best ice augers. I do not use the 4 stroke composite shaft augers, but I know they work well.

I honestly believe the 2HP LAZER MAG is the best auger on the market today. The 8″ 2 blade is the way to go for 90% of the ice anglers out there. I have them in 6, 7 & 8″ as well as a LAZER 224 4 blade. They all cut great. The 224 I have was tweaked a little by Strikemaster, and it cuts SUPER fast.

With that said, I use the 6 & 7 inch units more then anything else. About 80% of the holes I drill are never used, so no need wasting energy with a bigger auger.

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

MORE INFO ON THE STRIKE-LITE 4 STROKE!
    PLEASE!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

It comes down to this: is 4 pounds of weight and less noise worth the extra 150 bucks.

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

How does it cut compared to others?
    4 pounds is a lot early and late ice.
    What about gas to the amount of holes?
    How about not having oil drops coming off of the muffler?
    I not saying that it is the best just looking for more info. To my $150.00 might be worth it.
    I am worried about how it will run in extreme cold. Will it still start or will the crack shaft be frozen?

freitag
    Osseo, WI

Scott,
    I own a 6″ Strikemaster lazer….was thinking I needed to perhaps get an 8″ for walleye jigging/tip-ups. From what I’ve read on this site, you do alot of walleye ice fishing and was wondering if you still use the 6 & 7″ auger sizes? Any problems pulling the bigger fish out of the ice?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

I am on Strikemasters Pro Staff because I approached them. I honestly believe they make the best ice augers. I do not use the 4 stroke composite shaft augers, but I know they work well.

I honestly believe the 2HP LAZER MAG is the best auger on the market today. The 8″ 2 blade is the way to go for 90% of the ice anglers out there. I have them in 6, 7 & 8″ as well as a LAZER 224 4 blade. They all cut great. The 224 I have was tweaked a little by Strikemaster, and it cuts SUPER fast.

With that said, I use the 6 & 7 inch units more then anything else. About 80% of the holes I drill are never used, so no need wasting energy with a bigger auger.

My auger is the 8” and cuts very fast. I also have used their hand augers and they work great. If you are looking for an auger and can’t afford the gas model then get the 6” laser hand auger model by Strikemaster. Its the best in my mind.
    Thanks, Bill

fishinfool
    mn

Scott, I just bought a 2hp Strikemaster. It has the compression reducer but this is a pain in the butt. Any way of disconnecting this thing.???? FISHINFOOL

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Tagger,

I’ve fished with 6, 8 and 10 holes on the ice. Here is my perspective. I have yet to catch an eye that wouldn’t fit up a 6″ hole.

I like the 10″ holes for getting fish started up the hole, however if they come unbuttoned half way up, you lose most fish as they can turn back around and away they go. Plus the 10″ holes are hard on a guy. A full grown man can slip a sorrel in a 10″ hole. I speak from experience.

The 6″ hole is less forgiving when starting a fish up the hole, but onces it’s started, it ain’t goin nowhere but in the fryn pan.

In my opinion, the 8″ hole is the best all around auger. I prefer this over all others. However I have yet to fish out of a 7″ hole.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I fish walleye on LOTW all the time with 6 & 7″ holes. When you are drilling 200-400 holes in a day, you have to use a small auger. You will have no problem fishing walleye in a small hole, just take it easy bringing them into the hole. As kooty said, once they are in, you got them

The compression switch, it makes starting easy when they are cold, but there are the drawbacks…forgetting to push it I recommend you call strikemaster about that one. I don’t want to have people tearing apart their augers and then blaiming me

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.