Underwater camera

• bicart

Am thinking of purchasing an underwater camera? Looked at the aquaviews at a local sporting goods store. Is the sr lighting worth the extra cost? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

i have one thing to say Marcum take it for what it is worth

birddog
    Mn.

Supposedly the sr lighting will “see through” merky water/night time better than the spectral lighting and give a couple exra feet of visibility?? I really like the scout line units but they are BIG and HEAVY! 20lbs.!! The nice thing about the bigger monitors is the fact that you can adjust the screen. I decided not to buy a new one today because of the cumbersome feel. Not very practical if your on the move using a portable. I liked the SV and DT series, both have direction and temp, the DT also has depth. And they’re much lighter and compact at 14lbs. Their web site has everything a guy/gal needs to know.

BIRDDOG

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

Lighting is not worth the cost IMO. It looks like you are driving at night thru a snow storm. The light shines on everything (particles, etc.)in the water and really distorts the picture. This is on an older model. Maybe the new models are better?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Spend as much as you can. If you want to save money get a Scout.

Bird
    River Falls, WI

Purchased an Aquaveiw last year with SR lighting (good salesman) and it quit working a couple of months ago….it was not worth it as I could see just as well without it…as bigdog said it is very fuzzy at night and in murky water….although, I have been very satisfied with the picture quality of the unit during the day and at low light.

Good Luck

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

I saw that AmWatson / Mike had an underwater camera for sale in the gear for sale part of this site. It sounds like a pretty good deal. Ted

col._klink
    St Paul

For the $ the scout is going to be your best best I think. I have used mine cheapy side by side with a Marcum. I could not tell the difference. In fact the only one is the dent in your back pocket

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.