tying leaders to tip up line

• Whiskerkev
    Madison

Last night I pulled out my tip ups and put new leaders on them. I usually use a palomar but they don’t work well with the tip up line. I ended up using a loop. What do other use for this?

jhalfen

All of my fluoro leaders are connected to the braided main line with a small ball-bearing swivel (a good one, not a cheapo).

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Thanks Jason,

I should have been more specific. I am tying tip up braid to a swivel. I use 38 pound flexible light wire for pike here in Madison. We had a couple over 20 pound last year so I think what I am doing is ok. I was just wondering if there is a better knot for this with the braid than a double loop that I had been using.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

I use an albright knot its not the easiest with a braided line but it works well.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

never expirienced the use of tip up line, but i use a polymar knot for my 30# power pro and i can’t even break it. Str8shooter showed me this not and it is a great one. I have heard a lot about how poor tip up line is…maybe try using some fireline or powerpro instead

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

I thought you were talking about tying flouro leaders on the braided backing. Sorry,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.