Another tragedy

• Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Just caught a bit of the news cast reporting another ice fisherman went through the ice yesterday near Cedar Falls area. Some one spotted a bucket poles and the big hole in the ice. They figured he was under the ice for 1/2 hour. Have had several near drownings already in the last week. Just be care all. Don’t get in a hurry. Life comes to an end soon enough without rushing it.

kasualobzerver

What a shame. I don’t ice fish, too busy generally during the winter but be safe everyone. A family in NE Iowa is going to have a Christmas to remember for all the wrong reasons.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome. Great to have you with us. Please feel free to share and post all you want. No ice is guaranteed safe ice and with this cold lately and snow everyone thinks ice is made super fast and it isn’t. The snow insulates the ice so its made slower than normal. Was only a short bit ago that we didn’t have any ice. Stay in shallow water areas for now and if you would go through the water you find yourself in is only waist high or less then. Alot of people use to wait til Christmas to go on the ice and we are several weeks away from that so please stay shallow til the ice is thicker. Your life is worth ALOT more than a fish. Please be safe.
    Thanks, Bill

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I saw what looked like a bucket on the Croix right where they normally fish south of 94 yesterday. I gave it a second glance but didn’t see any big holes near it. It was standing up too. I don’t recall a buoy there?? Wierd.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.