Camper Ice House ??

• col._klink
    St Paul

Hey Guys,

I bought an old Camper Trailer and I am turning it into an Ice House. It is 10′ x 12′. The wheels are under the house. And it sits about 1′, 1.5′ off the ice. Any ideas on what to do with it bieng a little high off the ice?? I could not pass it up for $50. I just gutted it and cut some holes. Any ideas on how to heat it?? I heard that the new Mr. Buddy heaters are pretty nice. I was thinking of putting one of those in there so I can sleep and not die

If anyone has any ideas I would be greatful

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

You can cut down some 5 gallon buckets to put between the ice and under carriage.There are many different ways you can rig soemthing up.
    Mr.Buddy heaters are nice as they will shut off before your in danger.If your going to sleep in it it’s a good idea to get a censor of some sort.
    Best of luck.
    Ryan Hale

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

Catch covers and sleeves are about the best but a little pricey.Larger PVC pipe also works well but can also be pricey if you have to buy it and can be hard to find.Buckets are the cheap way to go but dont always fit tight because they are tapered.

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

You also may have to go with 6 gallon buckets for their length, I ran into that with my popup that I converted.

bigshoots30
    Sartell, MN

I did the same thing that you did about four years ago with a 16′ canper.

On the heater, there is a new vented heater out by “ORBIS” that is really nice, I just purchased one on Sunday from Fleet Farm. It is 15,000 BTU and it vents outside(always the safest!) I recommend this heater, goes for $299 on sale currently, normally $379. I use a CO2 detector no matter what!!

I used buckets to go to the ice and I purchased some conveyor belting and screwed it to the side of the camper and then packed snow around it! If you could find some plywood scraps, cut them all the same height and lean them against the camper and pack snow against them, if you don’t pack snow around the base of the camper, you will definately have a hard time keeping the holes open when it gets cold!! Check out the picture of my first wheel house from 4 years ago!!

col._klink
    St Paul

Hey alright!! That looks just like mine. I set it up with the buckets under the holes and just put soem plywood around the edges pack er up tight turn the heater on put the rattles down and crack a grain belt.

WHAT MORE COULD A GUY ASK FOR??????????

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.