Clam Sleeper

• bigyooper
    Duluth

I just bought a clam sleeper, has anyone ever used this shack, do you have a review?

I want to use mine for spending the night on the ice.

has anyone ever done this. what kind of heater should I use to keep from killing myself?

Nick Bogdan

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Mr. Heater Buddy and Big Buddy are safe to sleep around. I still think you should keep an CO2 detector in the shack with you and keep a small vent hole open for some fresh air, just in case. I recommend the Big Buddy so you can really crank up the heat when necessary. The built in fan works very well, too.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ve slept in portable before using the small propane stoves as a heat source. I think it unlikely that you could get a portable to seal tight enough to create an unsafe build-up of CO2 but I would and did worry about it non the less. I would leave the flaps open at the bottom of the shack and the vents open at the top to ensure circulation… a battery powered CO2 meter, as suggested by John23, would have been money well spent. Since I’m a little older and wiser I wouldn’t even think about spending a night in a portable under those circumstances without one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.