* Early * Ice Fishermans Urn ???

• david_scott
    Twin Cities

Ok.. that sounds creepy.. Its really my flasher box I just got done building… I had to show someone.. so now that your here you may as well look!

We have to do something waiting for decent ice to stand on and fish… spring is a long ways off…

david_scott
    Twin Cities

couple more

last one..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ummm Dave? When you say Urn, your not saying that you used someones…ahhh “ash urn” are you?

david_scott
    Twin Cities

But they didnt need it anymore? .. ok, thats bad…

No.. no ashes were ever meant to be in it.. However it does resemble things sold through funeral homes in a creepy way?

Creepy or not, it holds my flasher, gives me light.. and protects my investments while transporting(flasher inside also). The 7 Ah battery is inside along with the transducer. Much more durable than a cheap plastic ice box, and it weighs about the same as a 12 pack of coke.

If I do get buried in it, I guess I will always be able to see? Or know if there are fish around!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Looks good. When are you going to hit the N lake? Soon?

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I will be out on the lake tomorrow… you coming? I have room for you in the 5×8 portable.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Like to…but going to have to pass this time. Thanks anyway. Let us know how you did…

Ps I hope you don’t have to find out if your urn floats!

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Hey don’t knock it, Brian. He may need his urn if he don’t bring me some fish dinners this winter. I’ve been pretty deprived lately.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Nice looking unit

I am glad that you turned on the lights. When I first saw them I was thinking WHY does he have blinkers on his urn

Ron

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Is it too late to tell you that I found that cheap, thin plastic box that came with the unit

Ron

david_scott
    Twin Cities

them lights should do a pretty good job of lighting up the entire ice house… they are pretty bright. They will also be good for on the ice to illuminate a tip up flag quite a distance away.

The box is also just big enough not to fit down an ice hole if its kicked.. or if mr musky decides to grab my transducer like he has a few times in the past… nothing quite like sitting there jigging looking at your jig and your flasher starts sliding to the hole!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Just put a treble hook on the ducer and SET the hook.

Ron

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.