One Saved off Lake Onalaska

• gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

If you’re in the viewing area of Lacrosse TV check out the news a fellow went through the ice and was successfully rescued. He had a flatbottom with him but went in. From the news it looked like all departments involved really had their s___ together. Impressed me!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

The guy pushed himself 3-400 yards off of the sailboat club in his flatbottom boat. He then stepped out to fish and fell through. Yep, the rescue folks did a great job. Luckily there were people there to see him fall in.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

hm…didnt see anything about it on the 5 o clock news. I hope the rescue guys dont use this as an example to stay off the ice. The guy was probably in an air boat on thin ice. There really is plenty if you know where you are and have awarness. It’s ticking me off to see others trotting on the dangerous stuff because they say its not safe on the news and then my mom tells me i cant go
    I went today but she doesn’t know i was fishing. she just thinks i was checking it but we really are starting to see some good ice being made. There was around 4″ now on the slough i was on. I predict 6″ by the weekend in areas with little snow cover.

Good luck. Stay off the thin stuff guys!

waterfowler99
    Midwest

he wasnt there to fish, he was on his way to ck traps

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

yeah sorry to hear about your good buddy waterfowler99….But, the ice was not safe. Gotta be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

It just goes to show our most experienced River Rats can get in trouble Thank God somebody saw him and they got him out in time. We need to watch out for each other especially us guys new to the area.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.