Prairie du Chien area Ice Report

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Well with the pool stage at an incredible 10′ and rising the ice can be a little tuff to get onto…I made some travels to scope out the area and here is what I saw…

Between the bridges(WI/IA there have been people out on the ice..I didn’t see anyone out there yesterday but there have been tracks out there..

Spring Lake has had ZERO traffic

Greymore has had people on the ice ans as of last Sunday there was 1 1/2-2″ on it,,I’m sure there is more now..

There has been hover craft traffic in the Ambro Slough area

I would not cross the Ambro Slough yet..maybe this weekend..but with the current there..it’s best to play it safe

Cold Springs north of Lynxville is still giving up gills…lots of sorting but still some keepers to bring home for mama to clean

it’s still early ice so be careful out there !!

superdave
    NE IA

Dave, why do you think no traffic on spring lake?

I will be out and about Saturday and will report what I find.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

my guess is that is is just early..and wit hthe snow we had on the ice to insulate it…it just isn’t the same and smooth snow free ice…I like to see the ice, when i fish early ice…

My guess is that if they do not have problems gettin on at the edge they will be all over spring lake this weekend !!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

here is the river stage for the Missisippi River

Today is 10′ even according to the radio

_________________Tue_Wed_Thur_Fri__Sat__Sun__Mon
    MCGREGOR/Prairie 9.4/ 9.0/ 8.7/ 9.1/ 9.2/ 9.0/ 8.9

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

They sure like screwing with our shore line hey?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Today it’s 9.9 down 1 tenth from yesterday

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Any body going to be out on P-10 this weekend ? I should be out on Saturday !!

I think I’ll start out on Greymore and go from there…I will have to see if anyone has crtossed over into Mud yet…and if so , Fennimore Cut and Spring Lake should be good to go too !!

superdave
    NE IA

Dave, I’ll be out on Saturday. I think we’re going to start down at Bussey, and then maybe head north. I’ll give you a buzz if we head up there.

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

dave,
    When you headin what time you goin to bussey. dad and i are headin up tomrrow morrin also. might see ya out there
    -Aaron

superdave
    NE IA

Aaron, sorry I missed your post. We were out from around 8-1. We had a fun day to, I was in the green eskimo. Next time we’ll have to meet up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.