LX-3 True Color Upgrade??

• buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Quick questions for Scott Steil.

Do you know what the turn around time is, roughly to get the upgrade done and the unit back??

Since the ice fishing season is here will the upgrade be available in the spring so anyone that hasn’t yet done the upgrade yet can get it then??
    JB

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

Hey Scott,
    Have you seen the upgraded versions and do they seem as crisp or crisper than what I have now in my LX-3?
    Also,does the upgraded version look as good as the LX-3tc?
    Thanks for any info you have on the upgrades.
    Don

Borch

I’m not Scott,

But i have seen a couple un its that have been upgraded.

And yes they are much brighter, sharper and crisp than they used to be. Just like the new lx3-tc units. They guys I know who have had the conversion done and received their units back have considered it money well spent.

Took about 2 weeks to get the units returned.

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

I just got off phone with Marcum rep to check on my upgrade. He said they are a little behind there 7 to 10 day turn around!! Mine will be back this week can’t wait!!

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

Thanks Jeff,
    I think I will have mine upgraded rather than purchase a new LX-3tc.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I heard back from Marcum cust service. the upgrade will be available in the spring…right now they are running at 3-4 weeks turn around time for doing the upgrade so might as well wait until spring so I don’t miss any fishin.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Getting in a little late, I will try to cover everything.

Yes, the LX-3 upgrade is worth it. Big Time in my opinion. The display with be much brighter, and crisper with the upgrade and your resale on the unit will be much better in the future.

I have two personal units that I use for guiding that I had upgraded a couple weeks ago. Again, I recommend everyone get it done. Those LED lights are amazing. If you are color blind…the TrueColor upgrade is a must.

As for the turn around time. They are flying through the upgrades right now. However, because of the popular demand, there are a lot to do. Customer Service is taking 20 units in at at time and then sending them up. Some people have received their units back already and those that have sent them in, will be getting them shortly.

I have several units being upgraded as I type this. Those units will be for sale in the next couple days. If you are interested in one, get a hold of me soon..they go fast!

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

Thanks for getting back Scott.
    I think I will wait a little while due to the backlog.
    I dont think I could be without it this time of year for more than a week or two.But I will have it done.
    Thanks Again
    Don

Borch

Those technicians must be working ovetime! Many of the guys who sent their units in last week for the update have received them back already! Looks like 6-7 day turn around from mailing it out to receiving it back for folks living in MN. That’s an unreal turn around for this type of work, this time of year!

scottsteil
    Central MN

I talked to Service again yesterday. They had 3 guys just working on upgrades yesterday. They are flying out the door now. As Jeff said, a lot of people have received them back already

dallgood
    Savage,MN

Scott, you have a PM

castandblast

Scott –

You have a PM and e-mail.

Scott

scottsteil
    Central MN

I returned everyones emails and PM’s. I was out in SD hunting the last few days, sorry for the delay.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.