Where do I find a Marcum LX3tc?

• shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

I know I’ve ask about Marcum or Vexilar in the past, and after looking into both, and taking your suggestions, I’m planning on buying a Marcum. I see that Gander has the LX3 on display, and Cabala’s has the LX3 on the website. Where does one find the LX3tc on display. The only place I can find it is on the Marcum website. I’d like to compare the TruColor to the original firsthand. Is it for sale yet? According to the Marcum website the LX3tc sells for $419, and the LX3 is $399 at Cabela’s & Gander. Looking at this, I wonder if these LX3’s are actually the LX3tc. Does this seem correct?

Lars

scottsteil
    Central MN

Lars, I will try to explain this the best I can. The MarCum now makes the LX-5 & LX3tc & LX-2. At the Ice show the prices were the following:

LX-2 $319

LX-3TC $399

LX-5 $479

Those prices were what there were for sale for at the show. The LX-3TC has the patented TrueColor display. It is a LED lighting sysytem that is 10 times brighter then the previous lighting system used and the one used in a Vexilar. It also makes for a more crisp display, far superior to anything on the Market. Whether you decide to go with the LX-3 from last year or the LX-3tc you will be happy. If you get the LX-3 from last year, I would pay the $49 and have the unit upgraded. It is well worth the money!!

Occasionally I have LX-3 units from last year that I get rid of. Currently, the units I have are all in the process of having the upgrade done to them. If you are interested in one, shoot me an email.

As for where to find a LX-3tc, Reeds, Joes, Marine General, Thorne Brothers were all at the show and were carrying them. Gander, Cabela’s also should have them in stock.

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

Just a little info Scott,
    Went to cabelas (owatonna) on sat. and they said they had sold out of the LX-5s as soon as they got them in.
    They are expecting more in soon though.
    Gander Rochester did not carry them and I have not checked Fleet Farm yet.These units are selling fast.
    Don

scottsteil
    Central MN

MarCum is hurrying to get more LX-5’s made. There are stores that still have them in stock, that I know. I knew they would be popular, but no one could have estimated this. They are the ultimate 3-color flasher though

Borch

I got my lx5 yesterday. I can’t wait to get on the ice with it.

The display is awsome. Just like the LX3-tc! Put my Vex to shame. Guess I’ll let my son use the vex this winter.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.