Pool 10 Ice GTG 1/7/06 Motel Info !!”Canceled”

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Mr. Ecnook? For the folks that haven’t been to your fair city for IDA’s Get ToGether before….what would we need for bait and what type of fishing gear will we need? I know last year I could have left my gas auger at home!

Brian Lyons

Quote:

Mr. Ecnook? For the folks that haven’t been to your fair city for IDA’s Get ToGether before….what would we need for bait and what type of fishing gear will we need? I know last year I could have left my gas auger at home!

Hey BK, this year just ship your auger to PDC

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Okay…Since I went last year maybe I can help with the fishing gear necessary.

If you are not from WI…get a non res license first.

As for fishing gear….Stocking cap, heavy boots, warm clothes and a case of beer, unless you are thirsty…then 2 cases. I fished all of 2 minutes last year and there were several people that never wet a line, I will probably buy a license just in case the fish are committing suicide. Oh yeah…and a can koozie….to keep your hands warm.

Seriously…if you have pan fish gear bring it along, there is also a Cabelas in town so you can get the local hot baits when you get to town if need be.

John

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Ice jigs in smaller panfish sizes, waxies or spikes, and even plasits work

I really don’t see the need for power augers this early in the season but there will be some out on the ice to use if need be..As it gets closer i will report on the ice conditions for that…

Right now i’m looking at fishing in Greymore lake on the north side but that can change in a real hurry…SHED10 went out today and kept a limit of 25 gills all over 7″ on Greymore..

long pulsator type rods are perfect if the weather is fair otherwise a short rod and an ice house will be needed…were only fishing in 4′ of water…I do see a fey people using there flashers out there too..

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

This years Pool 10 Ice Fishing Get Together has been Canceled. Due to the more then ideal temps for making ice I have decided to cancel this years GTG. Two of my friends have fallen through and just last night another has fallen through..This is a Saftey Concern on my part, as I do not want anything to happen to anyone while ice fishing here…If it looks better later in the season I will re post this with a new date, but for now this is canceled. Please call the motel and cancel any reservations you may have made…

Stay Safe

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I take it the motel has been notified or should I be calling to cancel my room?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Please call to cancel your own Motel Reservations

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.