Gremore Lake 12/4/05

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

There is about 1 1/2 inches of ice on Gremore right now. And getting on the ice is a challenge, with the river coming up there is open water around the shore line.

Purple Rat Finks and Lil Mic’s were the ticket today. In about 2 1/2 hours I iced about 25-30 gills and kept 15. Shed10 was with and he had another 13 keepers

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Half the gills we caught were around 6 1/2 to 7 inches with several 8 inch plus…It still is dangerous out there so be careful !!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Found the same thing north of you Dave. How funny, purple was the color for us also!
    I can’t wait to be able to move around a little more next week. We were able to keep Wats on the top side of the ice today, he likes fishing from the top better I think

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

awesome. we did OK in a couple hours of fishing but had a hard time icing keepers. Goose island isn’t really known for putting out numbers of good fish. I don’t understand why, but i opt for stoddard. The culverts at goose can be good for crappies at times however…

Good luck, next weekend we should have an easy 4 inches so it should be nice!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

The Ambro Slough doesn’t have enough ice on it to cross over into Mud Slough,Big and Lil Mo, but it shouldn’t be long !!

Yep Yep !! It’s a good place to be, on top of the ice…

Brett, have you ever used Lil Mic’s up thre ?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Not sure what a Lil Mic is
    I have been called short before

I use alot of ratfinkies, shrimpos, ratsos, lil cecils, rookeroos, swedish pemp. and rembrants. Does it fall into one of these type jigs?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

If i am correct, a lil mic is what i was using today. I was alternating between that and a drop shot rig that i created. Fish were taking the bottom jig and the top hook with waxie for the drop shot. If i am right, a lil mic is sort of like a spoon type deal, and it has a treble hook with another little blade on it
    I will get u a pic!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

here ya go..correct me if im wrong EC….This is also what i caught my 9-1/2 incher on..i was using green

My bad wrong pic

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Yep, they are the same thing Bret. We were using them last year at the GTG. Of course Blue went and bought every last one of the hot color from the only bait shop in town that had them

rembrant
    Waterloo,Iowa

Dave, Boy you really know how to rub it in Well at least they werent Crappies that would of really got my temp up. I thought about going but went after those ditch chickens instead…YOU had alot more fun!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I did jig some steel today. I could see them come in on the vex. but they didn’t hit it. If it got slow with the waxie I would jig steel for about 5 minutes then drop a waxie at them. Seemed to help. If nothing else, I believe steel will call some fish in

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

you mean like a piece of tin foil or what?
    You still havn’t told us…were you at stoddard bret?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Nope, not at Stoddard. We don’t want to say yet, due to the tricky ice situation where we were. As soon as it is “safe”, then he might give you a hint

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

When I say steel I’m referring to Lil Mics, Lil Cecils, Rooker roos, adn swedish pemples. They are all very similar.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

well jeepers if you weren’t at stoddard i am clueless
    I guess maybe south of stoddard…or north? the ice is never safe north of it though..jeeze ill stop guessing. Fill me in when its “safe” please!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.