Metro area- lake crystal?

• redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

I was just wondering if anyone has been out to crystal and been on the ice. Is the ice safe and haw many inches are there?
    Any information is appreatied.
    THanks, Redneckjr

sledhead
    MN Rosemount

not enough there buddy just hold your horses

singed Anoanomous

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’d venture a guess the ice is only about 2 inches right now, so it’s still a bit early to venture out, you probabaly need to wait atleast a week yet to be on the “safer” side.

I’m going to check the ice on Lake Marion on friday, so we’ll see where the area lakes are by then, I let you two know.

And it’s crystal lake, not lake crystal

sledhead
    MN Rosemount

would you mind posting your findings on marion for me so i dont have to send redneck out there agian

he gets a little antzy if you know what i mean

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’ll let you know what I know

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

are you guys kidding me? we have 2 inches down here and we were out on it today and it was great ice
    Nice and hard, only heard it pop and crack once and that was when me casey and nick were all walking together..not a good idea! I would bet you guys have more than we do as the metro area is quite a ways north of here! I am waiting till next weekend before i go back out though. I feel blessed just to have the fact that i got my fix out of my system!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

We’ll I’ll have to check for myself to know for sure, this is just what I’m hearing back from those who have been out.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Easy guys!!!! Yes, with this cold snap, we are getting good ice made right now…….but don’t forget that good blanket of snow out there, that is slowing the process down.

Please be carefull on your exploring. It just isn’t worth slipping through……..

Nick;
    Let us know what you find!
    Thanks!!!!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

yes there is some snow, but for us, when that first band of 3-4″ came through, it just melted on the ice and turned to slush which then became ice. There is realistically only about 1 inch left on the ice, and in some spots less..so i dont think it will obstruct the ice making process quite so terribly. No matter what, it will be plenty safe by the weekend

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

Anybody checked the ice in the area of crystal???
    Thanks, redneckjr

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I’ve heard mixed reports of 2-3 inches and 4-5 inches…….I can’t confirm anything.

With the warm weather coming, be carefull!!!!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.