Brushy Creek Ice”

• elheldt
    N E Iowa

Checked ice on Brushy today, North end has been fished near shore at north boat ramp, but looked like it was barely over 1 inch. The ice has several inches of snow cover which will not be good for fast ice growth. Also, the rest of the north end is pocked with areas of water pooled on top of ice. The lower 3/4 of lake is open water.

elheldt
    N E Iowa

Brushy creek ice is growing. Went on an inspection trip without gear,[waiting for arrival of new vex}. There were 25 pickups parked at ramp. Went out about 300 yds. and talked w/one guy who had been there 45 min. Six inches of ice there. He had 1 crappie. He had a Heavy pull under a snag and break off. This was the north end of the lake.

timbergrit
    Raymond, Iowa

Thanks thinker for the info. How far west where those guys fishing off the north end? And was there any open water anywhere?

elheldt
    N E Iowa

I didn’t venture over toward the west. There was about 8 pop-ups in a north south row past the middle to where the trees are lined up north/south. They were right in that line of trees. I did not see any open water anywhere. This is the earliest I have seen the entire lake frozen. There is no one fishing the lower two thirds of the lake.

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

The ice is pretty much good all over the lake from what I’ve heard. I was out yesterday off the horse campground and their was 7-8 inches of good ice. Their were 4-wheelers out there and tracks heading down the lake to the south.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.