anyone ice fishing in iowa this weekend?

• aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

just wonderin if there is any safe ice out there in iowa to fish this weekend or are we gonna have to wait another week? if any of you guys in iowa know any safe ice please let me know!
    Thanks,
    Aaron

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

I’ll be checking things this afternoon.
    Anyone know where I can get a good Ice Spud?
    jc

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

JC-The best thing you can do to check ice is to send somebody (wife,friend) out ahead of you. If they don’t fall through, should be safe

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Hey Wats, Did you find some ICE up your way and have room from an Iwegian?
    jc

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I found ice, just not good ice We are going to try South of LAX on Sunday. I would think Goose Island has to have some ice soon

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

If you find some good ICE out scouting on Saturday drop me a note. I might just make the trip up.
    Thanks much…
    jc

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Jc-
    Goose has 2-3 inches. We were out poppin pannies yesterday. wats and bret were somewhere else south of there..

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

JC, backbone is just a little less that 3inches i think im headin out there on thursday after school and see what i can do!
    -Aaron

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Let me know!!!
    If you get any good ones I will likily be up this weekend to give it a whirl. Thanks for the info. I am not sure if you are interested in heading up by LAX but I have a bunch of friend that are lways on good gills.
    jc

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.