Mille Lacs latest ice report!

• Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I just took this pic out the front window! Ice as far as one can see! The lake looks good on this side…….I had heard reports of open water on the westside as of Tuesday. The Rockmans webcam down on the southwest corner shows ice also!

The forecast for the next week, looks like good ice making temperatures!!

Lets hope the ice stay’s put and does’nt break up.

emover
    Malcom, IA

Gotta love the “Bobber cam”
    Pics like this get the blood pumped for some ice fishing.

dave

jldii

Any word if the pressure ridge has cracked open yet down off the Hawkbill?

Bob Carlson

Jack………that pressure ridge will be there, like it is every year……..it will run all the way up to Agate Bay!!!
    I was just looking out at the lake with my field glasses…I’m now seeing a lot of steam I think that we might have a lot of open area yet to freeze……..good cold forcast again tonite…..need the wind to go down alittle.

jh55429
    Crystal, MN

Looking good Bob, the updates are great. I can’t wait to get out there ice fishing.

Josh

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

has anybody seen the volcaino looking things out in front of hunters point? i guess they form when water shoots out of holes in the ice due to pressure. i will try to get some pictures tomarrow……tom f

Bob Carlson

Holy Smokes Batman! Tom, your still around? I have been meaning to call you and get together……..oh by the way, those are made from the wave pressure under the ice which forces the water upward! I think………

anyone out in your bay fishing?

Tom, have you got all your gear ready? check your schedule…we need to get out on the ice soon! My schedule is pretty open

Bob Carlson

We have 11 deg’s here this morning! The forecast is for more of the same temp’s…..also calm winds today and tonite!!
    As of this morning I am still seeing some steam out in the middle in the NW corner of the lake. Hopefully it will close up the next couple of days.

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

Heading up tomorrow morning to put the finishing touches on the ice house… fill the tanks and all that fun stuff so when it go time I am ready!!!!

Hope the ice in the bays hold up plan on doing some perchn’ and piken’ so I will report when I get back.

any new reports?

Bob Carlson

I just got back from Brainerd shopping! And I drove around the northend…….the northend is as smooth as a babies bottom………the upper half sure looks good from where I have been.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

bob,
    sorry!!! i haven’t been to personnable lately. busy doing nothing real important around the house. i was out last sunday for a couple of hours, no pike, and there was about 5″ of ice. today i took the atv out almost to the point. there was 2 guys already out there with a atv. there was 6″ of ice. the guy i talked to said that 200 yards further out 2 chops with the chisel and you were through, he thought about 2″. there were a few people that walked out from the cove bay public access also. we have a party down in the cities tomorrow night. i will give you a call monday from work…….tom f

Bob Carlson

Cold temp’s and calm winds for the next 36+ hours!!!! looks good for making ice

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Bob, do you think as quick as it has been freezing that we may have minimal ridges? Boy! It sure would be nice to have a flat and smooth surface to run as opposed to the jagged ice from the last few years!

Bob Carlson

Looking around this area….we have some very good condition! I just saw a portable out in front of Liberty Beach! Not far out, just on the northend of the reef!
    Thats my Dad’s old spot!!!

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

just talked to George at Hunters
    He was out this morning checking ice. He 3-6″ out 1.5 miles
    he is expecting 4 wheeler and 4 hole houses by this weekend

Bob Carlson

All good new’s!! this cold weather has come at the right time……..I saw a few portables out in front of Portside today……none up around the eastside. It’s been pretty cold to be out on the lake. I plan to get out maybe Tuesday-Wednesday and check things out. The lake looks good for fishing activity this weekend. Should be enough ice for ATV and portables!!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.