Ice report on west central lakes?

• tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

Wondering if anyone has an ice report on lakes in the amery area or menomonie area. Wondering if anything will be safe by the weekend. By safe i mean 4 inches for me. Anyone know if lake tainter was left low due to work on the dam this fall?

red89
    Hudson

With all the talk of ice fishing on here, I think i’m gonna have to get out this weekend and check some spots for myself. If I remember right, it was around christmas when I first got out last year, and that was on about 2 inches of ice, so I’m a little hesitant about going out this early. Send me a pm on any suggested spots you might want me to check out for you.

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Anywhere in the Eau Claire area?

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

I had tipups out on thanksgiving but she warmed up pretty good thru the weekend so to be honest I dont know. We were up by rice lake on a smaller lake. The bigger lakes froze over fri night but no where close to safe. I am guessing one more week and we should be good to go. Make sure to be safe about checking. There were a few lakes that we seen some guys walking out on where the bay was froze but the wind kept some areas open and they olny had a glaze the next day???

red89
    Hudson

Yeah, I am usually very careful about going out on the big bodies of water on thin ice. Just stick to back bays and sloughs that I know are frozen up solid, until we get a lot of ice on the larger areas.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.