Ice Fishing this Weekend for sure

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I know I’ll be out. Can’t wait.

col._klink
    St Paul

I am going up to Lake of the Woods C_YA there!?!?!?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

After looking at the weather, I will be testing ice on pool 8 this weekend

I believe Wats already did a swim for me this year

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Becarefull guys. Its still pretty early as safe ice does take some time. I expect to see you guys back on the board Sunday night ALIVE.

Thanks, Bill

PS. The ice I removed from the puddle of water on part of my boat cover was only 1/4” thick at the most. Not thick, not safe.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m careful. I feel pretty knowledgeable about ice. Made it to 40! I will however not go out alone at this stage. This snow on the ice is going to make it much tougher to feel out. I’ll just spud my way along s l o w l y.

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

I will be up by mille lacs this weekend checking the little lakes in the area and hoping to get out on some of the bays on the pond for tip up pike and perch.

Went to gander last night and dropped a cool $75 on just junk…..
    more slip knots, some leaders, a couple spools of line, a handfull of new jigs ( the new jigging raps patterns looks pretty sweet!)and a secret setup that I will let you in on.

Salmon egg hooks! for all you guys who like pannies in the winter I haven’t found a better set up yet! the little red hook with a waxie on it and the most negitive pannie will inhale it!
    This year I am spooling up with 8lb power pro with a 4′ 4lb & 2lb flouracarbon leaders. I hear you can feel everything with this? we will find out I guess.
    Getting the house set up tonight and ready to rock!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I’m careful. I feel pretty knowledgeable about ice. Made it to 40! I will however not go out alone at this stage. This snow on the ice is going to make it much tougher to feel out. I’ll just spud my way along s l o w l y.

Personally, I would like to see you make it to much beyond 40…Mr. Suzuki! I trust in your experiance with ice but all it takes is once…and no more Schmigs in the spring!

Some people…dad being one of them would push the whole ice thickness thing…he live to 86…I prefer to sit at home a week or to longer an let you guys play with your spuds. Hah! I made a funny!

Dad took his spear house out on the ice after spudding first. Leaned the spud up on the house and started spearing. Wasn’t too long and he saw this spud going through the water in his hole. The sun warmed the metal of the spud and it melted through the ice… Takes all the fun out of it for me…but that’s me.

PS Schmiggs has been sold. Don’t know who the new owners are yet.

PS HEY SUZUKI! Be safe out there!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

i’ll be covering P10 on Sunday !!

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Were a few guys out on the ice as I was going to town today. They were in shore slough area. Heard they were catching some nice gills.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.