power pro ice line

• fishwhenican

Anyone used the powerpro ice line. I am going to be trying the 1lb dia 8lb. test for walleyes and maybe even pannie’s. Any thought’s?

scottsteil
    Central MN

I have never tried it… I use flourocarbon. Let us know how it works in the cold. I do not like to use superlines in the winter because they become kind of unmanageable. But, I do like Power Pro Line for summer use.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

I use power pro all winter long for jigging in the river, with no problems. I haven’t used power pro ice. I would like to try it though..
    I have always used trilene for ice fishing. Doesn’t floro become brittle in cold weather??

jwfilm1
    Aitkin, MN

it works great…especially on LOTW and other murky waters. The sensitivity is superb, I’m sure like Fireline or any of the other super lines. The only time I would shy away from it is in 7′ in the weeds in the spring when you are sight fishing. If you can see the line, so can the fish…especially the smart ones!

jwfilm1
    Aitkin, MN

It’s also very easy to work with…even when it’s cold out.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Doesn’t the power pro get wet and freeze on the spool?
    I love the stuff in the summer and would give it a try in the winter if I did not worry about that.
    Any experience? For good or bad.

hof
    Rochester, MN

I’ve been using power pro for ice fishing for 3 years now. I like it very much and have had very little problem. Depending on weather conditions, it may get iced up just like any other line. If it does get iced up, it is easy to remove the ice without fear of breaking the line. I’ve never had it freeze together on the spool. Been using the regular power pro and will be giving their new ice line a try as well.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

scottsteil
    Central MN

Flourocarbon does not strech as much as mono, but more then superlines. I use it all winter on all my ice rods. It does not become brittle. I have been using different brands for 5 years now and it is the best ice line I have found. I need a little strech in my line, but not as much as mono offers.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

I have been using different brands for 5 years now and it is the best ice line I have found.

Have you seen a differance between brands?

And what brand have you liked the best so far?

Thanks Ron

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

I have been using different brands for 5 years now and it is the best ice line I have found.

Have you seen a differance between brands?

And what brand have you liked the best so far ?

Thanks Ron

I have the same question

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Ron, what are you doing in here? This is “ice fishing.” The bass go into hibernation this time of year.

I am interested to hear what brand has worked the best.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.