Go to bait for jigging walleyes through the ice

• fishwhenican

Just wondering what everyone’s favorite presentation is when jigging for early ice eye’s? For the most part a tip up and panfisherman so any tips would be great! Thanks in advance

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

In stained water such as Lake of The Woods I like Jigging Rapalas, Buck Shot Spoons, and flashy spoons like Pimples. In clear water such as Mille Lacs I have better luck with smaller versions of the above that are more subtle in natural colors but no rattles such as Glo-Devils.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Glo Devil is the only spoon I use, no matter the time of year. I will leave it at that

csp88
    Ankeny, Iowa

Perch or Gold colored Kastmaster or a Salmo Chubby Darter (hot perch or orange/gold color).

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

75% of my fishing is for perch and walleye. And If I’m fishing perch or Walleye, 97% of the time I’m using a glo devil

vikefanmn

THE best jigging spoons by far are ( and unsure of spelling…) Hawger spoons if ya can find em

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Matt- what is the BEST size for walleye fishing? Where is the best place to get them?
    Thanks-

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Scott and Matt, do you guys tip your Glo Devils with bait ?

scottsteil
    Central MN

Head of a minnow for me 98% of the time. Occasionally the whole minnow works. I usually use the 1/8th ounce spoon, but occasionally go smaller for perch and larger for walleye. My approach is pretty simple, yet very effective.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Kastmaster with a red treble and 3 small crappie minnow heads. 6 eyes are better than 2.

emover
    Malcom, IA

Quote:

6 eyes are better than 2.

You just can’t have too many eyes when on the lookout for Lutey

dave

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I usually start with a #5 fire tiger jigging Rap with a minnow head.

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

I too am a huge fan of the glo devil but also like the slenders, pimples and some of the smaller northland jigs. when all else fails plain hood and minnow

scottsteil
    Central MN

The best place to get Go Devils is from the guy that makes them. Jeff Beckwith is the owner of Scenic Tackle and sells them by the card. That is how I recommend you buy them. Jeff’s number is (218) 751-9669. If that is wrong I will edit the post. You can tell him you got his number from Scott Steil in case he is wondering why people are calling him. I will take the blame

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Angel Eyes produce well too in shallower waters.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.