Euorpean Nightcrawlers for Ice fishing! SWEET!

• staynchargebob
    Amery, WI

Hi all,

I have been raising my own Nightcrawlers for fishing now for over a year now. We had fantastic success last winter using them for panfish and wally’s through the ice. These are not as big as Canadian Nightcrawlers and require no refrigeration if temps are under 85 degrees. They are very very active and last a very long time in icy water.

I have 4 bins going now and should have thousands of them to the right size in 2 months or so. I originally bought them online but due to there prolific abilities I have not hads to buy any more because they muliply so well. These are almost impossible to get at the local bait shops. These work great for panfish, walleye and trout. I may be willing to part with a few hundred or so if you are interested in them. My hope is to get them going to the point where i can supply a few local baitshops in trade for gear.

Has anyone out there used these worms before? I love raising them, I feed them ground up chicken feed and they do a great job of composting organic leftovers (no meats or protiens) into some of the best plant fertilizer I have ever used. I would be interested in selling some of these squigglers if you are interested.

Later!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

How much money for “a few hundred?”

shaley
    Milford IA

Are these as small as Belguim worms??

col._klink
    St Paul

Give us a price!! I will try some.

staynchargebob
    Amery, WI

Im figuring about $2 a doz right now. I work in Hugo, wouldnt mind stopping by forest lake to drop a few doz off.

I will sell 100 for $15 but I can’t do too many of those orders for a few months yet. but 100 or so is do-able now.

Not sure if they are like belgin worms, These are basically giant redworms, they gat to be about 5-7 ” at full size. Most om my breeders are 3-4″ right now. They have been fun to raise and more fun to fish with. they have a slight woodsy scent that the fish seem to dig real bad!

I have some friends up in Grantsburg, Wi that was doing so well fishing with them last year on the ice she had a guy trade her a septic pump out ($200 worth, hem owns the business) for a doz crawlers after he sat there and watched her pull 3 doz slab crappie out of the ice to his 2 (each, not doz) little ones in the same amount of time. He then was on the same bite action and still to this day is says it was more than a fair trade for him. I thinks its a pretty funny story, trading worms and her got her sewage too! LMAO!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.