Aitkin Ice

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Whats the word on ice around Aitkin. Might be heading that way this afternoon to put some new runners on the old fish house. Anything froze up yet?

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I’m not sure mike……a week ago or so, some smaller lakes were ice covered. We have had so much wind not sure if there have ice or not. Please post back your findings!
    I would’nt mind getting on Ripple for some early crappie action!

I could check with Al at Howntown Lumber in aitkin…he lives on Ripple and gives me the scoop. I might make it up there for the Fish house parade at 1pm today!! The Governor is going to be there……….

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Aw yes. The fish house parade. Atleast Aitkin is now know for 2 things. The fish house parade and the only sports team named after a turkey. The Gobblers.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

I too will be waiting with great anticipation on the ice status in Aitkin. Ripple is a stones throw from my lake, although it probably wouldn’t be the end all gauge as to ice though. How bout Diamond, Wladmiraf, Sissi, Hanson. Someone is at least going to try to go out this weekend, and I don’t think it is going to be me

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.