Looking for suggestions on building ice house

• twedul
    Holmen, WI

Hi,
    Just thinking about building an ice house with my brother-in-laws. We would like to build one with a crank up wheel system. Probably 8 feet wide and 14 feet long. I would love to hear from anyone that has done this or has blueprints or suggestions. Thanks. Ted

Greenju

i build a ice shack last year…it wasnt one like you want, but it is a pretty easy shack and is very nice. it folds down and all…it can also fit 4 people in it…thats all i know haha….

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

LaCross Rookie,

I am in the same boat and have been looking around for the best plans etc. I have not figured out the best way to do it yet.

My plan so far has been to use torsion axles to cut down on the springs etc, but cannot find ones that I think will work for a reasonable price. I keep thinking that a 3000lb axle is not enough for the trailer if I decide to haul a fourwheeler, sled etc. Let me know if you have any ideas about it.

I also want it to look professional and was looking for a local supplier of enclosed trailer parts. I would like to use the hinges, lever brackets for a door on the back as well as an aluminum siding (RV style). If you know of any suppliers of that stuff let me know. Everything I have found is a little more then I want to spend.

Thanks

Brent

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

I’ve been in a few on Red Lake that were made out of insulated overhead garage doors. Might be worth looking into if you can find an old door or two. Some guy out of the West Wind on URL made these for a number of locals.

Good Luck!

Matt

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.