Pool 10 – GTG “DATE SET 1/7/06″Canceled”

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Wouldn’t be long now, pray for good ice so the 7th will work out. Dave how was the ice conditions this weekend?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’ll have to ask around…believe me…if i could have been out i sure would have…..I have been bed ridd’n since Thursday morning with the bug thats going around….

Fish reports have been real good on Greymore and I heard that there have been people out on Spring Lake too…

We should have no problem with good ice…maybe not enough to drive out on but plenty to have our GTG !!!

I’ll try to pop out Thursday morning and do a little fishing…Friday>Sunday I’ll be taking my CG OUPV License So i won’t be out again till the following week

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Glad to hear your feeling better Dave. My family is just getting over the bug to, I hope it’s over. Taking the boy to the doc this afternoon to check him out.

cya at the Pub Friday 1/6

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

A couple buddies and I are planning to make the trip up to the GTG, but can’t make it up until Saturday morning. We did get a room reserved for Saturday night. Are there going to be some detailed directions posted closer to the date? I don’t know my way around that neck of the woods very well.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Davge will post maps to the meeting location and everything anyone could ever need to get to the event. He runs a good show and we’re thrilled to have you and your buddies hanging out with us for the day.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Sorry guys about not responding. I’ve been busy for over 2 weeks. Not much time to be on here. Just come and go really quick to see what was happening. I’m finally relaxing.
    Hey sorry to hear PUTZ and I will not be doing the cook off. That could have been fun. Anyone wanting to help me is welcome. Gives me more time to fish or hmmmm drink or maybe both. Ann my daughter says she is coming again. She had a blast last year.

herb
    6ft under

Two of em???????
    Well, there goes the neighborhood.
    BTW, somebody handy with a long handle ice scoop had better be on standby.

emover
    Malcom, IA

herb,
    I think I just heard the sound of the back of mom’s hand narrowly missing your head Duck!

dave

herb
    6ft under

I know. I felt the cool swish of air as it passed.
    Only those who were at the very first GTG will know of what I speak.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Only those who were at the very first GTG will know of what I speak.

It still brings a smile to my face.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Herb? FM? I though Ann said she was registered? I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure of seeing her on line.

I think if we keep someone in FM’s fish house we should be ok..

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Quote:

Herb? FM? I though Ann said she was registered? I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure of seeing her on line.

I think if we keep someone in FM’s fish house we should be ok..

Ann’s Computor took a dump. Has not had the money to get a new one.
    Hmmmmmm Briank your not seriuos are you? If you are don’t make any bets on it
    Herb you are bad, just bad

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Dave, or anyone, how about sharing some info on the fishing in the area that you hold this event at. Hows the fishing?, bluegills or crappies or both?, shallow water or deep water?, fish usually on bottom or just under the ice?, what lures work best and colors?, what bait works best?, how far from the road?, etc. for us guys who haven’t attended one yet. Thanks. I would like to make one of these, sounds like fun, but can’t this year. Already agreed to take my grandson for that weekend while my oldest daughter and hubby go up north for their wedding anniversary that weekend plus some of us guys are doing an educational ice fishing seminar along with showing them different ice fishing equipement and how each product works for kids. The next weekend we will take these kids out on the ice to acturally use what they learnend to help them catch fish. So that ties up both GTGs weekends but will be fun doing. Maybe next year will work out but am hoping to get some more info on the GTG in your neck of the woods so to speak and maybe there are others too who haven’t been there yet that would like some more info. Thanks.

Thanks, Bill

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Bill you don’t know what your missing, this event gets better every year so try to make it sometime. Dave from B-Fish-N Tackle Co. hold a great GTG with some help from IDA members and friends, this event every year is awesome. Fishing is in the back waters of the mighty Miss. which is usally shallow 4 to 5 feet. All pan fish are caught, crappies are huge and bluegill. Lots of the anglers come for the door prizes and Fishing Machines. cooking When not on the ice were all together sharing fishing info. This is one event to party and ice fish with some of the best anglers in the U.S.A and a get time to pick James or Dustin head about fishing the Miss at pool 4 which is there back yard. I learn a great deal from all of the anglers last year and can’t wait for this year event. Make sure you bring your note book fun fun fun.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks Bud. Which lures and baits work best in Daves neck of the woods. [please answer quick before Dave says not to share that bit of info, ] Any certain colors better than others?
    Thanks, Bill

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I caught fish with every little ice jig I used, color didn’t matter. I used wax worms.

Don’t worry about Dave, he’s busy at OUPV class this weekend.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Alright!!! Anymore info you want to leak about how Dave catches all those fish down there? I’m sure everyone going would like to know his secrets.
    Thanks, Bill

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

One of Dave’s best kepted secert is the kind of ice fishing rod to use. The secert is to use Pulsator jigging rod.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Can’t you just take your coat off and shiver which will pulsate that rod pretty good.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Quote:

Can’t you just take your coat off and shiver which will pulsate that rod pretty good.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

you guys are just crazy !!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

you guys are just crazy !!

Welcome back. Are you a full fledge guide now Bud?

Had to get your secrets before you showed back up here ya know.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Take a block of ice and hit me or something and wake me up.
    Had some nice compliments on my cooking and didn’t even say a nice THANK you to the person – persons making them. Thank You one and all.
    Was my bad and sorry.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

Welcome back. Are you a full fledge guide now Bud?

I have passed my tests, no problem there

Once I get my paper work sent in I will be good to go

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Congrats Bud. Now I suppose we won’t see you on here unless Deb drags you off the ice.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Bill I know Deb wouldn’t do that.
    She likes to fish also when she has the time. She’s been to our GTG’s. Of course if she has a honey do list to be done that is another story

emover
    Malcom, IA

Congrats Sir!
    I think if you get about ten or so more irons in the fire you might be busy
    Looking forward to the 7th

dave

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Charting….plotting,,,,,vessel lights ,,,,oh my

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Congrats Dave, the paper work still takes time and they can still reject them if there any police records problems or if you don’t fill paper work out correctly. It’s a pain in the

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.