Detroit Lakes Area Ice

• like_mike-ike
    Burnsville, Minnesota

What’s it like up there this week? I’m going to be in the area next weekend. Ice conditions?

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

The ice is still not good for driving on.The good news is that most of the slush is froze on the smaller Lakes and the ice is starting to get thicker.I was out on Cotton Lake last night and I had 11 inches of ice.Five inches of that was the white mushy ice.So best have a wheeler or sled to get around yet.Best to check with your local bait stores on the lakes you plan to fish.The fishing action is starting to pickup again.Lots of reports of good panfishing and some decent walleye catches being caught.Gills are in the 10-20 ft range yet and the Crappies are in the deep suspending, while the Eyes seem to be cruzing the weed edges.Perch are being caught in the deeper water as well.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

The ice is not getting better.It is starting to get worse after the warm weather we have been having.A snowmobile went through the ice on Pelican Lake last weekend and the driver did not make it.I was out on Cotton Lake yesterday and noticed some holes forming along the cracks from the water rushing in and out.The weather is going to be warm all week again.So becareful if you plan on coming up and fishing the area lakes around Perham and Detroit Lakes.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.