buzz stix ice rods?

• aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

hey guys,
    ive seen these rods for a few years now. i was wondering if they make fishing better than a normal rod? i was think it would make a noise for viberating the jig and all so im just wondering your 2 cents on them… thanks
    -Aaron

Ingy

Don’t waste your money! They don’t work in water that’s deeper than a few feet. The “buzzing” action is absorbed in deeper water.
    Ingy

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

They do make the jig dance In shallow water, they really make the jig move. In deeper water, the don’t really do a whole lot. One thing about them, they are not the best for real finnicky panfish. Personally, I think they are a gimmick designed to catch fisherman, not fish

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

yeah wat i thought the same thing

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

buzzing rods?

Usually when I’m ice fishing, I try to get the buzz on.
    I leave my rod alone (my hands are too cold)

scottsteil
    Central MN

I agree, don’t waste your money, just another marketing gimmick

UncleGrump
    Dodge County MN

And a darn good gimmick at that. And don’t we wish we each had thought of it!!!

UG

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I was given one for Christmas………..You want it, you can have it, just come pick it up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, it does “work”, in the fact that it will make a jig vibrate………But I have not found where it actually works in making a fish bite.

Honestly,
    Where I would find that this may work, is if you had a SERIOUS vibrating stick that would make a live shinner or sucker vibrate in front of a walleye or pike. For bait will “shake” a bit prior to darting if in front of a predator.

However, this stick just doesn’t do it in my opinion!!!!

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

I saved mine. My girlfriend moved to duluth. I think she needs it more than I do

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I have a buzzstick..
    I do believe they have some effect on the fish, but they don’t move the bait as much as i wish it did. I have used it occasionally to catch crappies with a bait called a rock-a-roo i believe..The buzzstick seems to move that around quite well actually. The price is a little high however and i would not buy one again if i had the choice to do it again. I would say they work much better for fishing summer-time panfish on trees. Seriously this is good when you are fishing from shore because you can walk out on a tree and you can put your jig in any nook and cranny where as with a longer rod, you can’t get the jig into some areas that you could with the pole. The fish were wacking my jigs this summer using the buzz stick..A gimmick? Yes..Is it a nice combo however, yes. It is nice equipment but not sure if it is worth the 30$ you pay for the combo.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

It works very good at what it was designed to do – catch fisherman.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.