what’s the best auger out there? *DELETED*

• jwfilm1
    Aitkin, MN

Post deleted by jwfilm1

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

I have had the strikemaster Lazer Mag for …..10-11?? years now. Since they first came out. It is the 8″ double bladed auger that opens new holes great and starts like a charm! Will definitely buy another strikemaster…if I ever need to! I’m sure Jiffy, Eskimo etc etc are equally as good. I just have had great luck with my Strikemaster.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I have the same Lazer Mag that Steve mentioned. I have the 8 inch double blade. it is awesome. as far as opening an old hole. it is much better and easier to just move over 2 feet and do a new one.
    Jack…

charlie_heiman
    Randolph, MN

Also have similar strikmaster as mentioned above, but i also gave a Jiffy a try, 2 h.p. 8 inch.(picked it up at a garage sale w/ new blades for only $35, couldn’t pass). & honestly, the jiffy has been hanging in the shed for two seasons. I love my strikemaster and won’t trade it in. The Jiffy is a good unit, but there is no comparison to the Stikemaster(my opinion).

Charlie

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

224 Lazer 4 blade 8 inch is the absolute bomb!! This auger is truely the best on the market. Go up to Red with 4 ft. of ice and put any other 2 hp against the 224. They had problems with the 10 in , I would stay away from that one.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

There is no such thing as the best. That being said I’ll have to chime in and be the first to nominate Jiffy. My Stealth 2hp runs/works great.

scottsteil
    Central MN

The augers today have come a long way. My advice when it comes to augers is stick with the 2 HP. I have had both Jiffy and Strikemaster. I now only use Strikemaster. I believe they make a better product by comparison. Both will do the job, I just prefer Strikemaster.

If you are looking for a great all around auger, you can not go wrong with a 8″ Lazer Mag. I have several, but one of my favorites is my little 7″. Man does that thing fly!!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

My favorite is the Jiffy 7inch Lightning with the D-icer blade. Melts through 36 inches of ice on Mille lacs without stopping and the blade doesnt freeze up with ice.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

As Steve mentioned, I have a Lazer that came out about 12 years ago when they were new. I would buy another. It has been nothing but a pleasure to use.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Nils Master is the fastest lightest auger on the market today.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.