No Ice yet

• fishahollik
    South Range, WI

I’ll check again sunday…

Bob Bowman
    MN

I think its a bit early for the question….Do I need to bring an extension??

bigpike

No Ice but I saw some frost on the pumpkin, with the fishing as good as it is right now on the soft water do you really want hard water that bad?

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

I saw ice on the ponds on hwy 21 just east of Tomah yesterday.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I have ice in the Captain and coke

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Ice on the backwaters both yesterday and today. Yesterday was 1/4″

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

It is spose to be getting cold. Next week talking day time highs of 32 or less. I cant wait

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Yep, the ice is coming..so is winter!

I am excited, clam is ready, so are the poles,
    I checked to see if my boots still fit…nope..i need a new winter coat too..i beat it to heck snowboarding last year so yeah..At least my 60 dollar snowboarding boots still fit!
    I think the backwaters might start to see some hard ice next week even. Like tipups said, some of the lows are barely coming above freezing, and i saw lows as low as 14 degrees!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

You will be easy to spot running aroun on the ice in Snowboard boots 679

impalapower
    Madison, WI

There was two inches south of Lake Geneva Saturday. Thats more than the Madison area has, because we have no ice.

slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

Any word on ice in the Amery area yet??

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Buckskin Lake west of Monocqua was completely iced over Nov. 17th, but then it warmed up and I never made it out there to check for stability underfoot. Just bought a new business and have been very busy with that. Only got out for three hours of deer hunting so far.

Mark

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Noticed this morning that the Black River north of Holmen has huge sheets of ice coming down. The whole river has floating ice Also one of the little streams I trap on is solid ice. Won’t be long now and I will be walking on water

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Plenty of floating ice at the dam today..made it a pain in the to troll! Looked above the dam and saw ice on lake O as well. on T-Day we drove up on brice-prairie to check out my uncles new house and there was ice forming good in the bays of the lake and some floating sheets on the main lake..this is thanksgiving..who knows what it is now?
    Black river looked icy when we crossed the “blue Bridge” today..
    pettibone lagoon and surrounding backwaters are frozen with no open spots as far as i could see…And that whole backwater area by the “poop plant” in lacrescent is all iced up! Yeah but tomorrow…say bye bye

modauger
    West Central Wisconsin

I heard a report of 2-4″ of ice on White Ash lake in Polk county yesterday. With this warm weather, it may go fast. Looks like favorable weather for ice this coming week

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

On Mcfalls bay on Lake Altoona we limitd out on gills and perch on saturday. A good 4 inches of ice.

John Luebker

So how are things looking in the La Crosse area. Looks like some snow sitting on Lake Onalaska… Good things to come… I can feel it

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Just got back from checking ice conditions in the Tremplo area. Long,Third,and Round Lake all have very little ice I think by the weekend Third Lake will be almost ready to walk on. I may get around to other areas in a few days to check things out. With the next few nights being very cold and daytime highs not over freezing, we are finally making some headway to the ice fishing season

John Luebker

Good news Wats. Looks like it wont be long till we can get out fishing again. I need more than we had on Fishermans road last year though. Or maybe it was just the fact that it was clear that it scared the bagjesus out of me

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I remember that It was funny watching you tip toe across the ice Clear ice is a little freaky at first. At least if you go through there, you will only go through till you hit bottom It was only 3 foot deep or so. I am more excited about hitting the “other” spot this year

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

I’m getting pretty excited, I fired up my Vexilar last night and figured out how to read the darn thing. It will be a learning experience.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

I am more excited about hitting the “other” spot this year

What “other” spot would that be Wats?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I plan on doing some picking Sunday around pool 8. I would have to believe it will not be hard to find a solid 2 inches of ice, if not more by then

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

That is what I am hoping for. Friday will more than likely be my ice hunting day. After a few good cold days and nights there should be ice in the shallow bays on pools 7 & 8.
    Bret-How do you think the ice will be south of LAX? I have never been down there so I don’t know if it is shallow or what around Stoddard. All I know is I need some ice

John Luebker

Quote:

I am more excited about hitting the “other” spot this year

Oh the other spot, Sweet memories

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I feel the snow did us more harm than good in the LAX area I checked Fisherman’s Road, Lauderdale, and Lake Onalaska this morning. The snow has made a nice 3″ layer of slush on top of the thin ice. All the shorelines were real soft leaving no way to get to the real ice. So, are we going to get on the ice before X-Mas?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

A low of 5 tonight, 12 Friday night and 11 Saturday night!
    Never above freezing during the day. Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I agree Bret. This cold weather will help.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Ohhhh, the anticipation is killing me Can you tell, patience is not my virtue

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.