Ice House Rentals

• NatJoe
    Eagan, MN

Does anyone have any recommendations on Ice house rentals on Mille Lacs? I have two little boys (ages 8 & 10) and I thought it might be an interesting adventure to spend a night or two in a sleeper house on Mille Lacs during their Christmas break. Now, I’ve also almost got my wife talked into it as well so I’m thinking she might have “higher standards” than the boys and I would. I’m not sure who rents out sleeper houses or where to start. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

If your looking for higher standards I would suggest Macs Twin Bay.You can check there website for pics and pricing.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

check out Hunters Point Resort on the eastside of Mille Lacs Lake at: web page

NatJoe
    Eagan, MN

Thanks Guys! I’ve never fished Mille Lacs in the winter before. Do they set up the houses over reefs or other structure more or less in the same spot every year? Do they move them around periodically? Is there any real difference between the east side and the west side?

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

If you don’t mind driving a couple of hours further north, try Lake of the Woods.

The fishing is WAY better in the winter.

You could go out by track van way out and hit some nice fish.

I’d give Sportsmans lodge a call.

http://www.sportsmanslodgelow.com/

bigpike

LOTW try Zippel bay, very cheap mid-week and the fishing is great, sleep on the ice and build memorys for a lifetime…

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

George at Hunters point tries very hard to keep his rentals on the bite. They have nice houses and great service to go with. Look at there website to see what they have to offer!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.