Ice Out – West metro

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

The ice on the smaller west metro lakes is pretty much gone. Lake Zumbra, Minnewashta and Virginia all have little to no ice left. Waconia has a large ring of open water around the shore. With the winds and temps I suspect by this time next week she will be ice free. About time to start panfishing!!!

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Its 2nd hand info, but sounds like most bays on Tonka are open. Also heard of a waterskier on Bryant. BRRRRRRRRR!!!

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Alcohol was probably a factor.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Went on a fact finding mission last night. The lakes between hwy 12 and 55 west of wayzata are mostly free of ice. The exceptions are Tonka, Long lake and independence. All other small bodies are mostly clear. I drove clear out to waverly. As I drove in this am I found that Long lake is about to go. I expect to see it clear on the way home.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Took the boat out on Virginia today to run the kicker. BTW, I love my new T8!!

Waconia and Tonka have some main lake ice, but I’m betting waconia will be completely ice free by Monday and Tonka by Tuesday. Time to chase some panfish!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.